The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Meng AMX-30B2

GusMac

Hey all, no WIP for this as it was built in the early days of our first lockdown last year while I was waiting for my new spraybooth. Sat in the box since, so after I finished the Cheetah I thought I'd throw some paint on this and get it done. First attempt at freehand cammo and it looks passable with just a little overspray which hides quite well given the similarity of the colours.

Only AM is Friul tracks and Aber metal barrels for the main gun and auto-cannon. Goes together very nicely and detail seems pretty sharp.

DSC_0150.thumb.JPG.e8470c2ed0c19d3935cc58be9a18bb10.JPG

DSC_0151.thumb.JPG.7ac71d951e2d6f862c37f832c712b9c0.JPG

DSC_0152.thumb.JPG.2509dcb10087f3988a1f2a90f88ec140.JPG

DSC_0153.thumb.JPG.886fde45e5d58d1b34757ef836d6820b.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Thanks guys. Yeah, photography isn't my strong point. These were just quickly snapped on the phone and it certainly doesn't have a top bracket camera by any stretch. Will try and get something better, or certainly in focus!

Martin, daylight might be an issue, this is Scotland in October! We're just about to enter perma-darkness when the clocks change. 😃

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 10/15/2021 at 4:29 PM, GusMac said:

Hey all, no WIP for this as it was built in the early days of our first lockdown last year while I was waiting for my new spraybooth. Sat in the box since, so after I finished the Cheetah I thought I'd throw some paint on this 

Gus, how did I miss this beauty, camo looks very good. Never done any modern armour yet…….congrats….

• Like 3