The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Finished:ICM A-26B Invader 1/48

KevinM

I decided I wanted to jump into a GB on another site and take a break from the Tiger(wheels F#@&).I used the Eduard PE interior took about 5/7 hours to complete waiting on belts forgot to order.So,I have started on the engines which are a gem in themselves and doing the cables ATTM I don't know why because I wanted to.:hsmack:

A-26 005.JPG

A-26 001.JPG

A-26 002.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Peterpools said:

Kev

Nice start on the ICM B-26 -- interior work looks mighty good and I'll be following all the way. :popcorn:

A kit that is going to be added to my stash and then onto the bench this year for sure.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Well that be the HB or ICM? I am thinking the the HB also new engines available now and all the reviews say the fit is excellent!!;)

• Like 3

Some in progress shots were I started tonight and were I finished.The fit of this kit is unbelievable the wings are not glued in yet and the tail surfaces is seamless 100% ICM does some NICE kits. I wanted to address the the ports on the leading edge one wing as you see is pretty good the other dismal but I have yet to see in my experience a manufacture get that right yet:hsmack:

A-26 002.JPG

A-26 003.JPG

A-26 004.JPG

A-26 005.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

The paint continues to get closer.The wings have zero filler 100% seamless for anyone that may do the kit glue the top seam first with thin Tamyia wait five minutes with your thumb under the wing apply light pressure to close the 5/10 thousand gap apply glue hold for a moment let dry.I am definitely looking into some more ICM kits in 1/32 they are a dream to build.Some pics..........;)

A-26 001.JPG

A-26 002.JPG

• Like 8

So far it has not been that good on the spraying of the silver I was getting streamers from the gun looked like dust on the plane.I went and polished down the whole plane tried a different bottle(old maybe) same results.I do remember when doing the black thinking time to clean the gun.So I only have a little more polishing to do the gun has been soaking since Saturday evening(working) will be back at it tomorrow.;)

• Like 3

I cleaned the air brush today and had the same results :hsmack: So started playing with the pressure was @21psi went down to 15psi starts good then you see dry paint in the air around the model in the lights.I increase pressure to 25psi  seem to be a little better but still have the some of the same effect not as heavy.The temp in the shop was 65' humidity outside is 56% about normal around here.I have seen the black do this in stringers coming off the forks of the badger Renegade  but it never makes it to the subject you clean the forks.I was told by a fellow member on another professional car painter temp and humidity if memory serves me right.:hsmack:The kit cleans up well enough to proceed I just wipe it down with a very soft cloth that came with the old SNJ powder kit.Some Pics.........;)

Now to highlight some panels.

A-26 001.JPG

A-26 002.JPG

A-26 003.JPG

A-26 005.JPG

A-26 006.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

Great that you solved it Kevin, aluminum looks super cool. I had the same probs once with Alclad. After a while of cleaning and cursing, I discovered, that the tip of the needle was bent. I straightened it as good as I could and then honed it on a Japanese grinding stone. Worked perfectly. By your description I remembered the strange look of flying color particles before the repairs, which resembled metal chips.

I'm a vinyl addict too, having some thousand albums, but not in my cave, where I rarely listen to music.

Cheers Rob 

• Like 3