Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

1/48 GWH Mug-29 9-13. Maybe The Ghost of Kyiv. Каворкник

Great job on the MiG Ernie. The camo came out beautifully.

And DN are great to deal with. They'll do custom masks for a very reasonable price if you ask them. I've ordered several custom sets from them. 

Carl

• Like 3

• Administrators

Thanks Carl.  Even though this has been a quick build, I’m rather thrilled how the paint came out. Been doing the requisite touch ups the last few days, and I still have a couple dielectric panels to add, but after this, I think I’ll let the paint set up for a week or so so it’s good and hard, the hit it with some steel wool or fine paper to put some wear on it. It’s WAY to shiny right now.

• Like 5

• Administrators

So we got some work done tonight for the first time in a week.

Last week, I had begun building up my nose gear leg, and When I went back to finish it, it was gone. Vanished, as in evaporated into thin air. 

So, for the first time in almost forever, I ordered a SAC replacement. I’ll use just the nose gear leg, as I expect the mains will bend and sag.  The Mug-29 mains are attached at an angle, and they’ll certainly sag.

So the nose gear is going together. Again. And, following Martin’s tip, I shortened up the main legs a bit to avoid the unloaded look.  Some markings being applied by masking, then a coat of Future, now a couple hundred thousand stencils, then some light wash.

A14FF924-185D-40EF-B124-E1CB631C419B.jpeg

3D66F53C-A279-4C6C-8915-15C9158BB5DC.jpeg

• Like 6

Ernie

You're not alone in the disappearing part department. I've lost a few parts over the past few years, putting them down on the bench during a work session and after a few hours - going back for them, only to be amazed I couldn't find them. I credited the carpet monster with being extra hungry. 

Now that's the way to tech aeronautics and I'm sure a budding pilot or engineer in the makings.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...