The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

1/32 Rocket Science: Me 163 (Meng)

• Administrators

Are you saying my build sucks George :)

No, i see what you mean. It does look like a Dyson!

After sanding out the seem in the spine I realized I had to re-scribe the round hatch. Since I hate re-scribing, I drilled this hatch out too. Only need the PE flange.

BC8AFC8B-E3C3-478D-A51E-05E35543433B_zps

• Like 2

Just got hold of one of these kits, so looking at this thread with great interest, as you seem to have this FLEA. Coming along looking very good indeed.what was the eduard set used? As I can not find color etch,only the set designed for the hasegawa kit.

• Administrators

Just got hold of one of these kits, so looking at this thread with great interest, as you seem to have this FLEA. Coming along looking very good indeed.what was the eduard set used? As I can not find color etch,only the set designed for the hasegawa kit.

Hi John,

Thnx!

I used the fullEduard set designed for the old Hasegawa kit and the newer Eduard color set with only the instrument panel. This set is also designed for the Hasegawa kit :)

Man, you sure know how to treat it. Looking at your build-log it seems as if the model falls together.

However, I've heard that the fit is in places quite awkward? So this WIP shows your workmanship ànd modesty!

Meng should be thankful, I know modellers from different places who wouldn't show Meng this courtesy! Good job!!

• Like 1

• Administrators

Thnx Guys!

Well... the fit of the fuselage to the tail wasn't that good...

Could have been my own doing, but a bad fit still.

Brute force worked in the end. Also managed to get the wings on and am now working on blending in the seems.

Using a riveter and scriber to restore lost surface detail.

2C470F68-FAAD-44AC-8989-83AA8DFFACEC_zps

• Administrators

I feel for you. The fit isn't great, and it's nothing to do with the builder when you look at that joint. Still, you fixed it up and it'll look just fine. I'm leaving the tail off my Komet, so I don't have to worry about that...

Great Job Jeroen ... that seam looks pretty damn good mate.  

As these weren't used for very long (relatively) between ex-factory deployment and war's end, are you going still weather it?  I would imagine it will still have suffered a few knocks and dings etc but only quite subtly 

• Administrators

Hi Grant, Thnx!

As a matter of fact I will severely weather it since I'm building the captured RAF P VF241 sample.

This one was flown, tested, crashed, repaired. :)

I managed to blend the wing root offset in nicely. Almost ready for paint.

Also added a control rod in the aft fuel access section. This item is very prominent in photo's.

EF5FAAE8-8911-4A2D-826D-67B2F60CD438_zps

• Like 1

• Administrators

Almost ready for paint. But not before I add some omitted details. Again: I'm adding PE from the old Edaurd set. 

Here's the two part PE air vent that should sit in front of the pit. Pretty visible detail. 

And yes, I'm still polishing the wing root seems :)

B7A04E2F-A37C-4A5D-A67A-52618F44ED1A_zps