Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Wingnut Wings Fokker E.I (Early)

I had been working away on this one quitely in the background over the last few weeks... Built for WNW website sample. Painted using Tamiya, Vallejo and Mr Colour paints and weathered using my own oil wash mixture and AK Interactive products and rigged with Ez Line. Another one that was hard to hand over once it was built. Photos taken by Wingnut..

32021%201~32%20Fokker%20E.1%20Early%20-%

• Like 6

And you said nothing. Nothing. Let me spell that out for you: n-o-t-h-i-n-g. This amazing kit is about to hit the market, you are building the first one and the motto is 'silence'? And now you expect us to say that it is beautiful? Damn you Dave. And shame on you as well. Because this really is beautiful. You know: b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l. Great job and (although I hate to say this) a secret well kept. I'm in love already with this kit and can't wait to get my hands on one. Thanks for sharing this!

• Like 3

Thanks everyone for the comments.. I great little kit! If you haven't built any of the Endeckers, you should goes together pretty quickly!

Dave... Dave.... 

You've outdone yourself! I like m nice and dirty!

Really cool.

You know me Jeroen... I love things nice and dirty!

Yeah.... I really like the weathering.. care to tell us about your approach with the oils...?

Matt

Matt, I just use artist oils thinned down heavily with Turps for a wash.. I normally use it for my pin washes and also use it to stain some of the parts to get different tones.

And you said nothing. Nothing. Let me spell that out for you: n-o-t-h-i-n-g. This amazing kit is about to hit the market, you are building the first one and the motto is 'silence'? And now you expect us to say that it is beautiful? Damn you Dave. And shame on you as well. Because this really is beautiful. You know: b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l. Great job and (although I hate to say this) a secret well kept. I'm in love already with this kit and can't wait to get my hands on one. Thanks for sharing this!

Hahaha... I am a man of many secrets!

• Like 1

Was just starting to wonder when we'd get a look at this kit, and here it is. Must be nice to be you, Dave!

Great build. Love the color palette, the finish and the nice, perfectly grubby weathering.

Need to go finish up my E.III before you guys start selling this one...

• Like 1

The words "secretive" and "swine" keep running through my mind :) (kidding)

Man you know how to a kit together! I have no idea where you find the time what with all the other projects you have on hand at the moment - I mean, you must be very busy putting together / painting a two engined WW1 bomber at the moment too (lmao!). ;)

Fantastic work Dave, as I said - you really know how to build a model - utterly amazing.

Very nice dirty little Fokker E.I Dave.  Your approach with the weathering is just sweet.

Hmmmmm, now all four are going to make a most beautiful line-up on the tables.

I reckon that looks like an early Christmas to me.

Viva the Fokker Scourge.

Steven

Love the sig. Steven! All four with beautiful spoked wheels. Fabulous.

• 3 months later...

Beautiful job! The Wingnuts kits are so perfectly engineered aren't they and your build certainly does them justice. I have the Wingnuts Sopwith Tripane staring at me from its box begging to be built...all in good time. I think I'll look at a few more of your posts, and around the forum in general, for a few tips before I tuck in ^_^