The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Tamiya F-51 Korea

John

Nice to see your P-51D Korean War Mustang is back on the bench and underway. will be following with great interest.

I didn't bring a lot of popcorn but I'm sure I have enough, knowing the speed at which you build  :popcorn:

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

Nice to see your P-51D Korean War Mustang is back on the bench and underway. will be following with great interest.

I didn't bring a lot of popcorn but I'm sure I have enough, knowing the speed at which you build  :popcorn:

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Trying to keep busy Peter. This one needed my attention for sure. :)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Daywalker said:

Nice choice John, where are those decals from? Haven't seen many Korean War decal sets aside from the AIMS set but none of those really spoke to me. I like the markings you have chosen!

Thanks Frank. They are kit decals from the last Tamiya issue for the Korean war a/c kit.:)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, belugawhaleman said:

This will be cool! Always wanted to do a natural metal finish. I'm sure

yours will be great! Will be following.

Should work out just fine Paul. I've been using Alclad for quite some time and it always looks good. :)

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, KevinM said:

Nice color and markings John!That's one thing or American Boys got their own personal hot rod courtesy of the US government.;)

Heck of a deal alright! :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

Why am I nor surprised your Mustang is in high gear - looking might good. Wing roots and seams are also looking good.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

LOL Peter. Since it was already 1/2 done when I got back to it it should go fairly fast baring any OOPS. :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JohnB said:

Making good progress. :) For best photo resolution (not just for my posts but everyone's) click on the 1st photo. Makes a big difference. 😉

4-4-22 001.jpg

Don't tell everyone that John. My work is bad enough at the lower resolution.... not sure I want people seeing the flaws even more clearly! 😄😉

Mustangs looking sweet though. :thumbsup2:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GusMac said:

Don't tell everyone that John. My work is bad enough at the lower resolution.... not sure I want people seeing the flaws even more clearly! 😄😉

Mustangs looking sweet though. :thumbsup2:

LOL Gus! I don't remember seeing ANY flaws in your builds! :)

• Like 3