The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Miniart European Tramcar, with crew and passengers, in Ukrainian colors ... grime and rust is the new pink ...

Hurbert

The undercarriage assemblies look so good; weathering is neat, to the point, yet shows the effects of a working Tram. Sorry to read that one part left home and is gone for good. Is it going to be a difficult part to scratch out and replace?

Keep 'em comin

Peter 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

Hurbert

The undercarriage assemblies look so good; weathering is neat, to the point, yet shows the effects of a working Tram. Sorry to read that one part left home and is gone for good. Is it going to be a difficult part to scratch out and replace?

Keep 'em comin

Peter 

Thank you Peter. No, the loss is more annoying than difficult to scratch a replacement …

Hubert

• Like 3

The chassis is looking great and very realistic to my eye. What I can't spot on the pics, are oil residues, which can be seen on every rail bound vehicle. I often add them to mechanical parts with a gloss finish in contrast to the duller parts.
The short wheelbase in relation to the long chassis looks interesting, clearly allowing to follow curved rails better.

Cheers Rob

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DocRob said:

The chassis is looking great and very realistic to my eye. What I can't spot on the pics, are oil residues, which can be seen on every rail bound vehicle. I often add them to mechanical parts with a gloss finish in contrast to the duller parts.
The short wheelbase in relation to the long chassis looks interesting, clearly allowing to follow curved rails better.

Cheers Rob

It’s actually there, but I think I can enhance it more.  The blue background and the iPhone picture don’t go well together to show the nuances I see IRL. Still, I will take your advice and make the oil grime more visible.

Hubert

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
9 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

I would love to see progress on this one Hubert .

Me too, Martin 🤣!

I stalled the project when life, and real estate projects took over … I was in the middle of masking the windows before splashing some paint.

When I finally returned to the bench, it was time for the new GB. So, the tram will come back after a one-year hiatus, when the Cutlass has left the SOD.

Hubert

• Like 2

• 1 month later...