DRAGON Sd.Kfz.251/16 Ausf. C FLAMMPANZERWAGEN 1:35

Cool enough to spray and being on holiday means time ……..so the 251 prepared before assembly for the next stage. Due to the tub structure more prep required than your standard AFV. So component assemblies ready……

E9D9794E-78EB-46C4-8B69-20BBAC388E30.thumb.jpeg.2668ffab0467da06f684004a133b7917.jpeg

• Like 6

15 hours ago, DocRob said:

The Halbkette looks fantastic Phil. I like the subtle shading, this will be a stunner.

Cheers Rob

Thanks Rob, half tracks take a little more thought with the undercut sides etc….you still have one in the stash?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Glad Mother Nature is letting it cool off and making it possible for modelers to do some painting. Very convincing weathering - nice light and gentle touch.

Thanks Peter, with AFV’s it’s very easy to go overboard on the weathering. I think I have the balance right now. I was looking back at my first model I ever showed on LSM, not a hint of weathering……..it was a Marder IIIH which now looks to clean in the cabinet…

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GazzaS said:

Looks like it's all coming together, Phil.  The paintwork looks excellent.

Thanks Gaz much appreciated, the angled sides of the 251’s can be tricky to know when to assemble…..

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

Thanks Rob, half tracks take a little more thought with the undercut sides etc….you still have one in the stash?

Yup Phil, I have the Sd.Kfz. 251/22 Ausf. D with the PAK 40 mounted, along with about two kilograms of PE :icon_eek:.

Cheers Rob

• Like 2