Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Hasegawa Bf-109G-6 finished!

Finished this one back in October, after a VERY long battle that lasted right up to the end.  Three different paint schemes on the same model, a new record for me!  I must say, I am getting quite good at stripping down a kit after nearly finishing it and starting over.  This one started out as red 6 of JG 300, on to black 5 of JG 52, and stripped it again to do white 12 of JG 51.  You can see the WIP thread here.

013-1.jpg

014-1.jpg

016-1.jpg

018.jpg

020.jpg

• Like 3

Very nice I love this scheme, it's a shame you had to go through all that work to get there!! One question....... why didn't you put the "YOU NOT" decals on the horizontal stabilisers, one of the reasons I did it. Congrats on a great build cheers Bevan

• Like 1

Said it before but worth repeating, OUTSTANDING! You really nailed every aspect of this one, Frank, glad to see her finally done.

Hope you're feeling better soon too, buddy.

Cheers Mike, and thank you!  You and I both are relieved to finally see her done, and thank you again for giving me that set of "red 6" decals, sorry it didn't work out in the end!  i owe you one for that.

Awesome work as per normal from you Frank!

You are too kind Dave, but thank you so much!

really well done.  love the dirt kicked up from the wheels...

Thank you Rick, much appreciated!

Lovely work indeed.  Nice pics to show it off with too.  Beaut stuff.  Cheers, Ralph.

Thanks a million Ralph, appreciate that!

Beautiful job here.

Congrats,

Jamme

Thanks for looking in Jamme!

Everything a 109 should be!

Thank you, very kind of you to say!

Excellent work Frank!  It's got the 'wow' factor - you can see this from the first pic. 

Congrats!   :wub:

cheers, 

Tim

Thank you Tim, much obliged!  I must say, I am quite happy with how it turned it out myself.  This is one that I find myself admiring again and again in the display case.

Very nice I love this scheme, it's a shame you had to go through all that work to get there!! One question....... why didn't you put the "YOU NOT" decals on the horizontal stabilisers, one of the reasons I did it. Congrats on a great build cheers Bevan

Thank you Bevan!  Interesting you asked this- I thought about doing it as the decal scheme called for it.  But it did say that the crew chief put it on the night before he was shot down by a P-38.  I opted to model the aircraft the day before he applied as I liked how it looked without it better.

Outstanding Schmitt...! Very good photos too, with a high " Sooo, this is how it's done "- factor.

Good one.

George

Thank you so much George, so glad to hear you enjoyed it!

Beautiful work Frank,

After three great finishes, you got there in the end, and the results are spectacular.

Steve.

Thank you Steve, I pushed on with the first two schemes, but was never really satisfied with how they were turning out.  I'm sure in the end they could have turned out well, but I just wanted a "look" I wasn't seeing until the third incarnation.

Beautiful!

CHeers, and thanks mate!

Cool. I admire your patience. I would have stuck, grimly, with the first scheme and then moved on. I have that sheet in 1/48 and have always fancied doing red 6. It was nice to see it in the flesh, as it were, albeit briefly.

Thank you, I almost did- kept pushing (especially the first scheme as I have always liked that one) hoping it would work out, but I kept getting that feeling that something just wasn't right.  I am quite happy I did what I did with this one!

• Like 1