The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 Γ—

LeO C.30A Early Production MiniArt 1/35 -Finished

As an almost livelong photographer, I'm completely opposite of Peter when it comes to post processing. Maybe a reminder from old analogue days, I think the picture is made in the moment you hit the trigger and not in post processing. I never alter my pictures, except I'm using IrfanView for reducing the resolution of the pics for forums, which can be done stack wise.
I would suggest to go nearer to the object, when taking the pic. Don't use a wide angle setting, a slight tele setting is drawing more realistic proportions. The other tips are gold, concerning the lighting and white balance setting. Broad sunshine is a killer with hard contrasts and colors eaten up, specially with a well aged camera chip.
If you have a smart phone, maybe it's camera is better than your 15 year old Sony.Β 

One more thing, taking good pictures of models is relatively difficult, as there are so many factors to think about. Don't be too harsh to yourself, it's a process to progress photographic skills, like modelling, but it pays.

Cheers Rob

• Like 3

7 hours ago, DocRob said:

If you have a smart phone, maybe it's camera is better than your 15 year old Sony.

I would if I had ever owned one Rob my line of work the phone is the last thing I want ever.Painting has begun primed with a silver nose while the pics show a blur-grey color the color for the rest of the fuselage is Azure Blue kinda bright.;)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

Kevin, MiniArt IS a Ukrainian Company so you’re welcome to have it in the GB if you wish.

I just saw that a couple days ago Ernie looking at some of their kits but I will opt to stay here.;)

• Like 1

Some pics of the paint guys and I have taken some liberties.The leather and metal band(steel) they would have you leave it all Azure Blue.The cowling was suppose to be steel went Aluminum Alclad .I am about to embark on looking for more pics for the final paint(small stuff) as far as wethering just some accented panels and a little more.;)

helo 001.JPG

helo 002.JPG

• Like 7

Very nice Kevin, I really like the color scheme. I'm about to buy the Spanish Republican version, triggered by your build. I read in two different sources, that the supplied motor of your kit is wrong. The seven cylinder engine should have nine, being built by Salmson.

Cheers Rob

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DocRob said:

supplied motor of your kit is wrong.

I think you might be right Rob going looking back at Martins pics even from the side looks like the cyl are in a tighter arrangement.Well it is what it is at this point of the came life goes on.The blades will be deployed.;)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • KevinM changed the title to LeO C.30A Early Production MiniArt 1/35 -Finished