The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

WELCOME, NEW MEMBERS!

Clunkmeister

Hi all returning modeller here, modelled in the sixties and seventies until I learnt to drive met girls and got involved in motorsport.

Now living in Bomber County, Lincolnshire for the last 19 years

i returned at the beginning of 2023 at the wife’s suggestion to occupy my mind. Since the middle of July 2022 I’ve lived in my living room after a failed surgery left me unable to get upstairs, and had done its best to kill me. I sleep on a hospital bed in the living room and await surgery no. 5 now to try and fix the issue hopefully without losing the leg or the recovery kills me, unfortunately either of those is a distinct possibility. Yah boo sucks🥴😂👍

i had intended to start modelling but all my stuff is upstairs, so at christmas 2022 my wife gave me the dining room for building and the utility room for my spraybooth.

The pain limits my modelling in a big way so for 2023 I managed to complete one kit and start 2 others, I usually manage a hour or so per day, but I haven’t done anything yet in 2024.

my hands suffer from arthritis and I have cataracts which are not bad enough to remove yet. Because of this I don’t touch 1/72 at all, some 1/48 and mainly 1/32 and bigger.

i don’t have a particular genre, just kits I like the look of so I have planes, boats and tanks from big to very big (with a measurement of a metre on at least one axis, for some).

My stash of 22 kits, soon to be 23, is modest in size but eclectic.

im currently working on the Takom 1/16 jeep and a Kotare Spitfire.

i look forward to getting to know you all and learning lots.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Old cranky modeller said:

Hi all returning modeller here, modelled in the sixties and seventies until I learnt to drive met girls and got involved in motorsport.

Now living in Bomber County, Lincolnshire for the last 19 years

i returned at the beginning of 2023 at the wife’s suggestion to occupy my mind. Since the middle of July 2022 I’ve lived in my living room after a failed surgery left me unable to get upstairs, and had done its best to kill me. I sleep on a hospital bed in the living room and await surgery no. 5 now to try and fix the issue hopefully without losing the leg or the recovery kills me, unfortunately either of those is a distinct possibility. Yah boo sucks🥴😂👍

i had intended to start modelling but all my stuff is upstairs, so at christmas 2022 my wife gave me the dining room for building and the utility room for my spraybooth.

The pain limits my modelling in a big way so for 2023 I managed to complete one kit and start 2 others, I usually manage a hour or so per day, but I haven’t done anything yet in 2024.

my hands suffer from arthritis and I have cataracts which are not bad enough to remove yet. Because of this I don’t touch 1/72 at all, some 1/48 and mainly 1/32 and bigger.

i don’t have a particular genre, just kits I like the look of so I have planes, boats and tanks from big to very big (with a measurement of a metre on at least one axis, for some).

My stash of 22 kits, soon to be 23, is modest in size but eclectic.

im currently working on the Takom 1/16 jeep and a Kotare Spitfire.

i look forward to getting to know you all and learning lots.

Welcome aboard and our quiet corner of modelling web. I’m also in Lincolnshire. Great to see new faces looking forward to your builds

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 1/7/2024 at 6:42 PM, Bomber_County said:

Welcome aboard and our quiet corner of modelling web. I’m also in Lincolnshire. Great to see new faces looking forward to your builds

Although I'm Canadian born and raised, my mother came from Lincolnshire. A little village called Barnack.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

And I'm new here too. Though I've been on Britmodeller.com for about 15 years or so. 

I live about 7 miles North of RAF Scampton in Lincolnshire England.

I've been modelling since I was a teenager and I'm getting on a bit now. I spent 40 years working on & with Military Aircraft.

Nowadays I mostly scratchbuild Sci Fi. Star Wars, Maschinen Kreiger etc, with the occasional Muscle car build for variety.

I'll have to see what I have that I can post on here. Cheers, Pete

• Like 8

16 hours ago, PeteinLincs said:

And I'm new here too. Though I've been on Britmodeller.com for about 15 years or so. 

I've been modelling since I was a teenager and I'm getting on a bit now. I spent 40 years working on & with Military Aircraft.

Nowadays I mostly scratchbuild Sci Fi. Star Wars, Maschinen Kreiger etc, with the occasional Muscle car build for variety.

Welcome aboard, Lincolnshire seems to be well represented here. I’m southern Lincs. Would be great to see some builds……..

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Count0 said:

New to posting, not new here, per se.  Been lurking here forever. 

Did the same myself  got a pretty good bunch of characters here but she is at times slower than some other forums.;)

• Like 4

On 3/20/2024 at 5:12 PM, PeteinLincs said:

Welcome!  A few of us are into Sci Fi as well.  Check out the old “wet” group build for my “Science Fusion” build with Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea’s Seaview and the Nautilus from 20,000 Leagues.  

You’ll fit right in! 

• Like 7

So my return to modelling at the start of 2023 didn’t really go to plan.

My modelling time is limited simply by pain. In 2023 I completed one 1/32 hurricane, which was really a mule for trying things, different paints, one side masked the other decals.

i started a se one but hit a issue with the flaps in the aircraft and the dozens of pe parts required to construct them. My rheumatoid arthritis has worsened in my fingers so tiny oe parts are painful and that got shelved.

so I started the Takom 1/16 jeep and all,went well until just before Christmas when my main issue flared up and it became to painful to sit at my bench. That lasted until 2 weeks ago when I picked up the almost complete and painted jeep to remind me where I got to. Then my 120 pound German Shepherd wanted a close look as well and hit my arm, jeep went flying and impacted the laminate floor and exploded.

So I had to buy another as it was damaged beyond feasible repair, so I’ve started again. I’m also building a Kotare Spitfire, which is currently in paint.

Because of my arthritis I’ve bought a new airbrush, a pistol grip like my Grex and Iwata. The pistol grip makes long painting sessions almost pain free and as most of my kits are large with big aircraft tanks and ships to spray comfort is important. I’ve also purchased a 4 way airline distribution bar so I can run upto 4 brushes at once, means less clean outs and swapping. Just got to assemble it.

its pretty much all,for comfort reasons and I aim eventually to have one brush for each nozzle and fluid tip I have, meaing I won’t have to fiddle with changing needles and nozzles unnecessarily. 

I will try to get some hoots up of progress on jeep take 2 later. I have also ordered the sol model wheels and tyres as they have branding and other text on the sidewalls and look really smart.

its good to see other modellers from Lincolnshire. I’m hoping to get to my local model club but my knee injury means I can’t drive. My other half was willing to take me if I felt up to it, but at the end of,January her titanium alloy hip implant snapped and she spent 2 1/2 weeks in hospital and she’s now using my hospital bed in the living room, while I sleep in a recliner chair. So no trips to the model club for a while yet, bah humbug.

• Like 5

Sorry to hear of the travails of you both. Hopefully, you'll get through this and make it back to the club.

I've had one of our dogs chew a few parts but never had one send a kit airborne. However, Jack Russells are bit smaller than German Shepherds!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Old cranky modeller said:

So my return to modelling at the start of 2023 didn’t really go to plan.

My modelling time is limited simply by pain. In 2023 I completed one 1/32 hurricane, which was really a mule for trying things, different paints, one side masked the other decals.

i started a se one but hit a issue with the flaps in the aircraft and the dozens of pe parts required to construct them. My rheumatoid arthritis has worsened in my fingers so tiny oe parts are painful and that got shelved.

so I started the Takom 1/16 jeep and all,went well until just before Christmas when my main issue flared up and it became to painful to sit at my bench. That lasted until 2 weeks ago when I picked up the almost complete and painted jeep to remind me where I got to. Then my 120 pound German Shepherd wanted a close look as well and hit my arm, jeep went flying and impacted the laminate floor and exploded.

So I had to buy another as it was damaged beyond feasible repair, so I’ve started again. I’m also building a Kotare Spitfire, which is currently in paint.

Because of my arthritis I’ve bought a new airbrush, a pistol grip like my Grex and Iwata. The pistol grip makes long painting sessions almost pain free and as most of my kits are large with big aircraft tanks and ships to spray comfort is important. I’ve also purchased a 4 way airline distribution bar so I can run upto 4 brushes at once, means less clean outs and swapping. Just got to assemble it.

its pretty much all,for comfort reasons and I aim eventually to have one brush for each nozzle and fluid tip I have, meaing I won’t have to fiddle with changing needles and nozzles unnecessarily. 

I will try to get some hoots up of progress on jeep take 2 later. I have also ordered the sol model wheels and tyres as they have branding and other text on the sidewalls and look really smart.

its good to see other modellers from Lincolnshire. I’m hoping to get to my local model club but my knee injury means I can’t drive. My other half was willing to take me if I felt up to it, but at the end of,January her titanium alloy hip implant snapped and she spent 2 1/2 weeks in hospital and she’s now using my hospital bed in the living room, while I sleep in a recliner chair. So no trips to the model club for a while yet, bah humbug.

Hope you get some well deserved pain free benchtime soon…….

• Like 4