The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

PCM-1/32 Reggaine Re.2005-Finished

While I wait on the next GB my hands need to stay busy.I decided this will be a quick easy build but I did have to make a repair were I fell asleep at the bandsaw some years ago took about 45mins tonight to make the fix.Pics of the start............

Reg.2005 003.JPG

Reg.2005 002.JPG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Awesome!  I didn’t know that PCM made this. I may have to think about getting one.  I built the 1/48 Hawk Models kit a few years ago, and have always loved the airframe.

I'll be following along.

• Like 3

I appreciate the interest and all this is only my second PCM to build the G/55 was the last one I did.I just about have the sidewalls completed paint-wise some by the instructions for color switches and stuff will let's say fantasy some what?I started doing a little test fitting the firewall behind the pilot seat has a decent incline molded into it looked to much it was.I taped the fuselage together put the firewall in with it aligning with the headrest(trim).I then after some determination changed that angle and tack the floor in place.I also wanted to check clearance between the floor and upper part of the radiator built into the lower wing looks good thus far.It looks like the copit can be assembled as per instruction as a module and slide in place...fingers crossed.Hey guys on the floor board right side does that look like a fuel line?I usually do not get this descriptive but since some have it the stash what heads I can give I will do it .;)

Reg.2005 001.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Kev

Nice detail painting on the cockpit walls and floor. The kit details look quite good.

They are not bad Peter seems a shame to close it  most will disappear with slopping side walls.;)

• Like 2

Kev

Completely agree - so many kits we now build have incredible details included as an OOB build and after closing up the fuselage halves and no removable panels included, all that detail is lost forever. Just rubs me the wrong way when the justification is the well-worn out: well, the builder knows it's there - so what! No one else can see the details when the model is in display case. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Well thus far the pit on this one is not as corroborative as the PCM G-55:brickwall:I may take Alberto's method of gluing the sidewalls to the fuse,glue the IP and insert the floor just need to mark the inside of the fuse with a pencil later thought enough tonight.I am going to get there come hill or high water.;)

My neighbor just brought a 14yr old bottle of Scotch GlenMorangie taste test tonight.:D

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, KevinM said:

Well thus far the pit on this one is not as corroborative as the PCM G-55:brickwall:I may take Alberto's method of gluing the sidewalls to the fuse,glue the IP and insert the floor just need to mark the inside of the fuse with a pencil later thought enough tonight.I am going to get there come hill or high water.;)

My neighbor just brought a 14yr old bottle of Scotch GlenMorangie taste test tonight.:D

Enjoy!

• Like 2

The fuse is getting closed up tonight not much of an update have that feeling ready to move on.I had to cut the back half of the tanks to build this way just to much gap between the copit walls and the fuselage.I broke the rudder pedals off have to reattach not that anybody will ever see them a tight copit.FYI the tailwheel housing sat right on a pour plug has to be removed I think I have 35/45 sanding to get a good fit and paper thin in some areas .;)

Reg.2005 001.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

OK a couple more pics I have started cleaning up the fuse the wingroots look good have clearance from the copit tub and lower wing I cleaned enough off the lower wing.The second pic is the scary part dremel off the molded and insert the resin resin looks much better and realistic but I am going there maybe a little metal mg's?;)

A pic of that gun panel ..............Martin??:notworthy:

One gun fairing in not bad at all.

Reg.2005 002.JPG

Reg.2005 003.JPG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I have glued the wings up a bit of sanding on the top of the wheel wells on the one I had to repair that .010" made a difference but was accomplished.The fit between the wing and the fuselage is exceptional for now......their is no dihedral looks like maybe 10'tops got to fix that.I f#$% up the exhaust and I knew I should not of glued them really snug/tight fit they stick out to far.The instructions do not show how much and I moved them to the point of a positive stop on the mold.:brickwall:I also made some bolts for the oleo's that were lost in removing them from casting block and will add hydraulics to the LG.I am still thinking when all said and done she will look good.;)

Reg.2005 001.JPG

Reg.2005 002.JPG

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Spitfire said:

Coming along nicely, I had a problem with my PCM G55 in that the dihedral was all wrong and I had to take pretty drastic action to fix it, I don't know where this came from but it may be useful.

I found that to Dennis and the correction took about twenty minutes of work I just about screwed the pooch on this one trying to remove the exhaust with some acetone fractured the nose a couple places but  saved.Leave well enough alone!:brickwall:

• Like 3