The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

LUBLIN R.XIII D 1:32 LUKGRAPH

LUBLIN R.XIII D 1:32 LUKGRAPH

It was supposed to be from FLY both "Tunnan" but life has verified the plans as always. As a tribute to the fallen crew there is Lublin R.XIII D in 1:32 from LUKGRAPH. The model will be built in the colours of the 1st Platoon 26 EO (observation squadron) of the 2nd Air Regiment Cracow. The probable designation of the aeroplane is the letter E on the fuselage, the military number of the aeroplane is 56-126 and the under wing number is 16 K. The crew consisted of Lt. obs. Leon Wrzeszcz and Staff Sergeant Pilot Adam Baran. On 1.09.1039 the aircraft was shot down by ground fire and crashed in the village of Piasek near Strzebinia / Lubliniec, the crew died. The deadline for making the model is very short, because I want to make it in time for the unveiling of the newly-made memorial at the site of the plane crash. So much for the story, and now for the model; in the box we have everything we need to build it. From the extras there is an instrument panel available for it in the company YAHU MODELS YMA3231, which I will use in the model. Thanks to the companies LUKGRAPH and YAHU MODELS for their help.

ps. There will be a little surprise in the next post.

PjuWRkk.jpg

RVmZ9Hj.jpg

dQ8PMny.jpg

ZkIIuVc.jpg

k8nhTX5.jpg

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...

So now it's time for that surprise. There was a memorial erected at the site where the plane went down, but the tooth of time has done its work and a new memorial is now being erected. I am also taking part in this personally, I know such a boastful post but sometimes you have to have one. Thanks to the association that took it upon itself to erect the new memorial, we were able to reach the last living witness to the event. We also managed to interview 94-year-old Mrs Ziora, who was 10 years old at the time and was at the site. Mrs Ziora told us a very interesting story about the heroic fight of the Polish crew against the German infantry. Returning to the memorial, I liked the wings that will be placed there. 

Interview with Mrs Ziora.

wqFK76n.jpg

Wings under construction.

ev2FCrt.jpg

And already at my place in front of the workshop.

NkfclTo.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

What I could manage to do at home on the wings for the memorial is done, the rest will already be done at my work. My boss agreed and I was given a room to paint the wing. I can't help but thank you for your help.

66hZpWi.jpg

6V43Ics.jpg

• Like 3

You have no idea what the look on the face of an employee at a paint-mixing shop when I told him that I needed to buy car paints to paint the plane, specifically the wings. I had to explain everything to him and tell him the story of the fallen crew. I can tell you that he surprised me very pleasantly, I did not expect such an involvement in choosing the right camouflage colours. And the work continues both on the model and on the wing. Today only the progress on the wing.

F3eWTfB.jpg

JWGXHw7.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

A few pics of painting the camouflage on the wings, the ones that go on the monument. And on the model the work goes on, for now I am doing the interior of the fuselage.

lrpRpNf.jpg

PMJDSeA.jpg

drcOI8D.jpg

AuDOGnV.jpg

• Like 5

You could say that the work is finished, now it's up to me to authorise whether everything is as it should be and to do a dry fitting on the pedestal of the monument. Even my son Peter got involved in the work on the monument by painting with me.

pzicLJN.jpg

rVUXtkx.jpg

Sq6kNct.jpg

M7hcIKH.jpg

T4IIhJd.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

The tinkering and fiddling continues, such additions according to the documentation. Although the documentation raises more question marks than it answers, I struggle on.

jv8xOUL.jpg

QsaazqJ.jpg

• Like 4

• Administrators

Of all the Nations who fought the Nazis to the death, Poland and her people are the ones I admire most of all.  Poland literally fought like demons, right to the very last man. 
Anything, anywhere, anytime that honors Poland’s fallen warriors is a worthy cause for me, and a must visit site.  Oh how I love the hearts of the people of Poland. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Kriss said:

The work is in progress and I am trying to make tension in the truss, and I purchased the turnbuckles from Lukgraph.

yPLH5Ks.jpg

Q8Jflad.jpg

Are these metal or resin ?
Keep going. It’s a very interesting build :popcorn:

Hubert

1 hour ago, HubertB said:

Are these metal or resin ?
Keep going. It’s a very interesting build :popcorn:

Hubert

The tensioners from Lukgraph are and this toggle is made of plates of plastic of different thicknesses.

• Thanks 1

I replaced the kit instrument panel with one from YAHU Models and this is the only addition dedicated to this model. By the way, I decided to valorise it a bit and replaced the compass with the one from the YAHU kit for the PZL P.11c. Compared to the resin from the kit, this one looks a lot better.

q4BKBlq.jpg

KTynXz8.jpg

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

It's been a while since my last post here, but I'm still struggling with the model. And to be honest they messed me up a bit with the statue but about that another time. In the pictures in the cockpit on the right there is a control panel of some sort so I decided to make one in the model too, this one came out for me.

6YV5OSj.jpg

• Like 5