The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Bf-109K from SOD completed!

Revell Bf-109K-4 that I had started a while back but put on the SOD. Rescued and completed! :) Painted with MM, Mr. Color, Gloy and AeroModel. Belts are FineMolds. Cockpit, spinner/prop, and decals are EagleCals, etc. I'm glad to have finally finished this one and I hope y'all like it. :)

4-15-23 001.jpg

4-15-23 002.jpg

4-15-23 003.jpg

4-15-23 004.jpg

4-15-23 005.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, PanzerWomble said:

So compared to the ZM one , is there any comparison or is it just "Revell" ?

A much easier build with none of the headaches. I don't think it appears much different from the ZM except for the engine compartment.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JohnB said:

A much easier build with none of the headaches. I don't think it appears much different from the ZM except for the engine compartment.

Thank you , so... the 109 is better than the Revell Spitfire ? I think you reckoned not much to that one ( apologies if it was someone else ) 

13 hours ago, PanzerWomble said:

Thank you , so... the 109 is better than the Revell Spitfire ? I think you reckoned not much to that one ( apologies if it was someone else ) 

The Spitfire has fit problems.

That one was worth the save John, the paintjob comes out particularly nice and super smooth. The Fine Mold belts look the part, seems like I have to give them a try, less tedious than HGW ones.

Cheers Rob

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

That looks quite decent, John. I was unsure of your paint choices, but it looks great 

Thanks Ernie. I was a little unsure too but thought, WTF, give it a shot. Turned out pretty well I think. :)

5 hours ago, DocRob said:

That one was worth the save John, the paintjob comes out particularly nice and super smooth. The Fine Mold belts look the part, seems like I have to give them a try, less tedious than HGW ones.

Cheers Rob

Thank you Rob. :) Those FineMolds belts can be tricky to use since they are hard to bend without breaking them. I found that holding them up to a hot incandescent light bulb with a pair of tweezers enables one to bend them to shape without breaking them (usually!). I nearly always use them since they are so much easier to use than threading buckles, etc through fabric/paper belts. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1