The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

1/16 scale Tiger VI Ausf E early build

Hey guys 

More work done on the turret basket.

20230805_210056.jpgThis view shows the gunners seat bottom mounted to its support bracket. Still need to add the back support.

20230805_210118.jpgThis view shows the loaders seat bottom mounted to its support bracket and what I believe to be part of the gun elevation system. Need to add the back support here to.

20230805_205935.jpgThis view shows the turret in place on the hull. Still alot more stuff to add. Scratch building takes a lloonnnggg time. Well that's it for now be back soon with more updates.

Ron G 

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, belugawhaleman said:

Can't help but admiring your skills Ron, well done! BTW, I recently

downloaded the Plastruct catalog.... Some really useful stuff there!

Thanks Phil 

Yes, but be careful, I ordered some patterned sheets at a cost of $130.00 bucks and never got it, but I ordered some other parts and they came in a reasonable amount of time.

Ron G 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, CrankyCrafstman said:

Thanks Phil 

Yes, but be careful, I ordered some patterned sheets at a cost of $130.00 bucks and never got it, but I ordered some other parts and they came in a reasonable amount of time.

Ron G 

Thanks for the the tip, but it's Paul!. Well, never mind thanks!

45 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

Very nice detailing Ron, still cannot get over why they didn’t include an interior in the OOB. If RFM etc can do it in 35th it would be easier to tool in 16th……………hopefully the new M10’s will have some interior detailing …….

Hey Phil

Probably mainly do to cost. Look at the Trumpeter kits they can run up to $400 - $500 dollars. Most people don't really want to do the interiors you can't really see that much through the hatches, I'm just a little crazy I guess...lol. from what I  could see in the AHHQ's video you get most of the interior for the fighting compartment, just no driver or co-driver area.

What would be nice is more figures then just one.

Ron G 

• Like 3

Hey all 

More work done on the turret. All the scratch building I've been doing on the turret had me a bit concerned about the overall fit.

You start to create something, cut, sand, test fit, trim, refit, refit again so on and so on. This all takes a long time and all the time your not sure if everything will fit.  I finally got to the point where I needed to build up the gun to see if it would fit.

20230806_173114.jpgThis view shows the gun breach in place in the turret and low and be hold! Every thing fit, almost. I need to move the commanders seat over about a 1/16th of a inch so it will clear the gun. Also I need to shave off some plastic on the gun elevation gear area so the gun will move easier.

20230806_173234.jpgThis view shows the turret with the gun barrel in place. This thing is huge. Well that's it for now be back soon with more updates.

Ron G 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Great work Ron. Must be very satisfying that everything fits. 

I like the approach that AHHQ has taken with the interiors so far. To think that a 1/16 kit can be around the $200 CAD/$150 USD price point and be fairly decent is amazing. 

Hey all 

I finally have the turret basket done, I think. I have everything added that was in the 1/35 scale version down to the last nut and bolt, I hope.

20230810_185256.jpgThis view shows the turret basket looking from the front to the rear. You can see the seat backs that have been added.

20230810_185134.jpgThis view shows the dampener for the gun and all the nuts & bolts.

20230810_185159.jpgThis view shows the sheild and foot controls for the gun that have been added under the gunners seat.

20230810_185236.jpgThis view shows the screen basket/chute that I added under the commanders seat. I'm not sure what this is for, but it was in the 1/35 scale version.

I was going to take more pictures but my phone died. I'll take some more Tomorrow. Well that's it for now be back soon.

Ron G 

• Like 8

Hey all 

Ok, here's some more pictures for you to look at.

20230811_181712.jpgthis picture shows the comparison of the 1/35 scale on the left and the 1/16 scale on the right. I'm in the process of adding all the turret detail, boxes, gas masks, gertzacks, etc.

20230811_181105.jpgThis view shows the screen basket/chute I scratch built. The grey barrel sticking up on the left is from the MP40.

20230811_181242.jpgThis view is from the bottom up showing some of the basket details.

20230811_181011.jpgAnother view of the screen chute under the commanders seat.

20230811_180838.jpgThis view shows the turret from the back to the front.

20230811_180911.jpgThis view shows the turret from the front to the back. As soon as I get all of the turret details added I'll start painting again. Well that's it for now be back with more soon.

Ron G 

• Like 8

Sorry Carl, no paint yet. I do have most all of the turret details done except for five boxes that go on the rear wall.

20230813_184504.jpgThis picture shows the whole inside of the turret.

20230813_184443.jpgThis view shows the electrical junction box between the loading door and the MP40. I added three ammo pouches for tge MP40, there from the Tamiya Kubelwagon.

20230813_184426.jpgThis view shows the control board. I'm not sure what this is for/or if I even got it right, but it looks pretty convincing to me.

20230813_184823.jpgThis view shows the gun dampener cylinder and the open box above it. I still need to add the vision blocks to both sides. I took two of these from my 1/16 Panzer II Ausf F,  I wont miss them because I'm not planning on having it have open hatches.

Hopefully I can get the boxes done and installed so I can start painting...lol

Ron G 

• Like 7

On 8/13/2023 at 7:58 PM, CrankyCrafstman said:

Thanks Carl, and it's Ron.:D

That's the second time spell check changed your name. I enter it correctly and it changes it. Gotta love technology.:rolleyes:

The paint looks great. How did you paint it so neatly with all the details in place?

15 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

That's the second time spell check changed your name. I enter it correctly and it changes it. Gotta love technology.:rolleyes:

The paint looks great. How did you paint it so neatly with all the details in place?

It wasn't easy, I  kinda messed it up, I'll fix it when I do the second coat.

Ron G 

• Like 3

Hey all 

More work done on the Tiger today. Here are some pictures for you to look at.

20230816_160614.jpgThis is a view looking through the gun breach area.

20230816_160633.jpgAnother view of the same thing from a different angle.

20230816_162113.jpgThis is a view looking down into the turret.

20230816_163054.jpgThis is a view looking at the rear wall area.

20230816_163424.jpgThis is a view looking forward at the gun breach. Well that's it for now be back soon.

Ron G 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1