The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Fiat G.55 „Centauro” 1:48 Smer

I found such a marvel from "Smer" in my stocks and was wondering what to do with it, a deep valorisation. That is, re-routing the lines and riveting and making the interior from scratch or leaving it as it is. I also wanted to give it just a bit of a facelift and redo the cab and its cowl and also make an inlet and outlet in the radiator and do something to improve the undercarriage. But after discussions with my colleagues it is thanks to Marcin that I will make it in the VINTAGE version, that is, I don't fix anything just put it together. That's my hope for a quick project, sometimes you need to de-stress.  There are two camouflage versions in the kit and I had no problem choosing and I am making an Italian for the collection. Below is the in-box of the kit and as the model is years old I think everyone knows it.

GkWh5pF.jpg

vbqFrKQ.jpg

0bGx4At.jpg

RErnF1i.jpg

IkMxaoI.jpg

TNoizsN.jpg

d9sIQ4v.jpg

qtbYbUQ.jpg

XnJptNb.jpg

FmHU8JQ.jpg

UUBatTa.jpg

• Like 9

I spent the weekend at work, but there was also time to work on the model. The interior is complete and rich, as only the seat is there or, to put it another way, something that imitates it. I also fitted the wings and made a place for the landing gear bracket so that it had a place to stand and on the shelf so that it wouldn't come apart after a while.

FGJ0Clf.jpg

9rwPAPj.jpg

• Like 6

• Administrators

Nice work so far!   I love those “imitation seats”.  I have a 1/48 Hobbycraft CF-100 interceptor, and I kid you not, the two seats looked like La-Z-Boy reclining easy chairs.   It was pretty darn sad, actually, at least after I stopped laughing. 

• Like 3

You are right, I have accumulated a lot of models over the years and some of them are started to varying degrees and now I am slowly starting to finish them. Somehow I don't have the energy to bring such models to their present state, i.e. to route lines and rivet and redo them. Sometimes, as a total relaxation, I build a model like this "Centauro". 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Kriss said:

Sometimes, as a total relaxation, I build a model like this "Centauro". 

I do that a few times a year Kriss in smaller scales the B-25 being one of them the objective is making it aesthetically pleasing to the eye.:unworthy:

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, KevinM said:

I do that a few times a year Kriss in smaller scales the B-25 being one of them the objective is making it aesthetically pleasing to the eye.:unworthy:

And that's my point too.

• Like 3

I like to see these older kits done....reminds me of my modeling origins

building 70's vintage Otaki kits....I had a collection of Japanese aircraft

In the 80's all o.o.p. kits. Also, I think your subject kit is one of the most attractive aircraft of the era....cool to see.

Thanks;

Paul

• Like 3

I laid the primer and applied a white stripe on the fuselage as well as the yellow underside of the engine and marked the radiator inlet and outlet with grey. I masked everything off and applied primer once more.

OXBBloz.jpg

• Like 3

Peter and Paul I agree with you, these models have their own charm and charm. A memory of young carefree years one could say. And there are quite a few of them at my place and I have to do something with them, because you know the wife doesn't grumble but asks when I'm going to finish a model because the winds are blowing on the shelves for now.

• Like 2

Kriss 

Just though I would add to the oldest kit in the stash list:

Monogram 1/48 Kingfisher - still have a second and built one for the last GB

Heller 1/72 Lockheed 049 Connie - have to build it someday. I have the Fisher engine set for it. Most beautiful airplane ever to grace the skies.

• Like 2