Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

SH Whirlwind is next

13 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

You're sailing through the Whirlwind - looking mighty good.

I'll start on the landing gear today Peter. Hopefully I won't have the problems that you encountered. We will see! :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peterpools said:

John

Hoping you sail right though it and the difficulties I encountered where my own doings.

I wouldn't say "sailing right through it" but enduring the process! Getting those gear parts together is a test of patience to say the least! Very high cuss-factor for sure.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

These days and at our age, avoiding high cuss factor models should be mandatory. :wallbash:

Good idea Peter! We'd have to stick to Tamiya and Hasegawa. :)

• Like 3

On 7/15/2023 at 11:32 AM, JohnB said:

Getting those gear parts together is a test of patience to say the least! Very high cuss-factor for sure.

What's happening John do the Churchill thing "never give up" ;)

• Like 2

Is it cracked? Or just a paint run? If it's only the paint, you can try using Tamiya lacquer thinner to remove it. Strip it back and then give it a polish with rubbing compound to remove the last of the residue and it should be good as new. I've done this a few times on canopy parts without any issues. But maybe test the plastic just in case. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Is it cracked? Or just a paint run? If it's only the paint, you can try using Tamiya lacquer thinner to remove it. Strip it back and then give it a polish with rubbing compound to remove the last of the residue and it should be good as new. I've done this a few times on canopy parts without any issues. But maybe test the plastic just in case. 

No it's not cracked. I managed to get glue on the clear area when I was trying to attach the 2 rear "braces" (?). Both sides. I sent a email to the folks at Special Hobby so maybe they will send me a replacement. The front left side had a molding blemish right out of the box but I decided to work around it. Doesn't matter now.  Thanks anyway Carl. 🤪

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spitfire said:

Hope Special Hobby come through for you because it is looking really good.

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks Dennis! Me too! Until they do I will go on and use the messed up one. :)

• Like 2