The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

KH T-28C next

Unless I decide otherwise this will be my next build. I'll use a Aires cockpit set as it looks a lot better detail wise than the kit supplied one. Right now I'm planning on this all yellow scheme using the kit decals. Should be a eye catcher! :)

T-28C.jpg

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

Great choice for sure and completely agree it surely will be an eye catcher. It's the KH kit?

Thanks Peter. Yes, it's the KH kit (as I mentioned in the header). :)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ScottsGT said:

Love it!  After my all yellow Texan, I might be doing something similar with one of my kits. 

They'd look good together Scott. :)

• Like 1

I decided to do some test fitting and here's what I found. The fuselage pieces are warped. Now I have to tell you, that REALLY pisses me off! 😠 The last thing I want to have to do is contend with this kind of crap. I expect it can be reasonably straightened out but I just don't want to have to fiddle with it. So, it's on to the "pre-SOD" shelf for this SOB. I will likely come back to it later on when I'm ready to embark on what appears to be a high cuss-factor operation. Now I'll go find something else to do.

7-25-23 003.jpg

7-25-23 001.jpg

7-25-23 002.jpg

• Sad 4

Ummmm...   yeah.  can't say I disagree with you on that one.  Is there a single KH kit out there that doesn't require fuselage extensions or other undesirable kind of work?  I don't hear much nice said about KH.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, GazzaS said:

Ummmm...   yeah.  can't say I disagree with you on that one.  Is there a single KH kit out there that doesn't require fuselage extensions or other undesirable kind of work?  I don't hear much nice said about KH.

I don't know what to say Gaz except this came as a surprise to me. I've built 3 of them and didn't have this problem with them. I may get back to it later on but for now it stays on the SOD.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, GazzaS said:

The T-28 is in the top-list of KH kits, and builds nicely OOB. John got a kit where the parts have been demolded too early, and still hot. Tough luck, I agree ...

But it says something about abysmally poor QC procedures, not the kit design per se (like for instance the nose area of the F-86 D)

Hubert

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HubertB said:

The T-28 is in the top-list of KH kits, and builds nicely OOB. John got a kit where the parts have been demolded too early, and still hot. Tough luck, I agree ...

But it says something about abysmally poor QC procedures, not the kit design per se (like for instance the nose area of the F-86 D)

Hubert

At least the first 3 T-28's I built didn't have any warp problems. That's one reason I was so unpleasantly surprised with this one.

• Like 1

John

Just can't win and one good reason KH is no longer with us - some pretty poor QC. Of course, I might be a glutton for punishment as I'm still waiting for my next build (contest entry) to arrive, as the KH ShH-60B is schedule to be here today or tomorrow. 🤞 

Any idea of what the replacement build will be?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peterpools said:

John

Just can't win and one good reason KH is no longer with us - some pretty poor QC. Of course, I might be a glutton for punishment as I'm still waiting for my next build (contest entry) to arrive, as the KH ShH-60B is schedule to be here today or tomorrow. 🤞 

Any idea of what the replacement build will be?

Fingers crossed your SH-60 will be okay. I plan now to start a Revell/Hasegawa FW-190D-9 with the large tail.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ScottsGT said:

I’d toss them in a pot of very hot, almost boiling water and see if they go back to the shape they were in the mold. 

Thanks Scott. I may try that whenever I decide to try the build again.

• Like 1