Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Back in the saddle. Finished re-installing my workbench

HubertB

As some of you may know, I moved end of last year in a completely refurbished new house. Hopefully, after 7 moves in 11 years, during which I refurbished 2 houses and had a new one built from scratch, this is the last stop before the crematorium (with maybe just the elder's house for debilitated people in-between) 🤞 ...

But then, who knows, with my record of late 😂 🤣 😂 ?

Anyway, even though the "honey-do" list is not completely exhausted, I crossed in the last hour an important milestone: I finished re-installing my workbench. I added some extra HobbyZone modules, so that now all my paints, including some 30 years-old Humbrol tins, are accessible and readily visible. They have added to their range a module with tilting drawers, very convenient for seeing and storing paints.

We have a 30 sqm mezzanine in the new house, with natural light coming from the East and West, and this is where we set-up the modelling, scrap-booking (for Patricia) areas, and home-office for both of us.

Now, I have no excuse not to get beck to some modelling (apart from the golfing sessions, the "honey-do" list, and some medical concerns) !

I hope you like the new set-up.

i-b88v2NW-600x450.jpg i-qwGzzhx-600x450.jpg

i-hDbCWKX-600x450.jpg

i-kmBk4sD-600x450.jpg

And, btw, if you ever come to Portugal, just drop me a PM. You will be welcome for a drink, or more ;) . Fran knows he has already a permanent invitation standing.

Hubert

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Hubert

Congrats on living through 7 moves in 11 years ... surely a major feat. What a man cave ... looks absolutely fantastic and well worth all the work. Hoping everyone enjoys their new home and best of all you're back at the bench - organization and layout looks brilliant. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bomber_County said:

Very nice “cave”…….I spend an inordinate amount of time rearranging and tidying my workspace. I hate a cluttered bench …….very jealous Hubert. What’s going to the first project…….

First project is restoring the "Columbia" model you can see in the background of picture #3. Not my build (must have been made in Mauritius), but it has been living trough even more moves in 20 years (add 3 or 4) and is in need of some careening and repairs to shine back to its former glory.

Then it's back to Fisher's Cutlass, and then most probably the Devastator ...

i-fXdnjq7-338x450.jpg

Hubert

PS: and even though it is more cluttered when working on a model, I make it a rule to keep the workbench as tidy as possible, cleaning it up after a modelling session. Makes SWMBO happier, and, objectively, me as well ... ;)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, HubertB said:

Hubert

PS: and even though it is more cluttered when working on a model, I make it a rule to keep the workbench as tidy as possible, cleaning it up after a modelling session. Makes SWMBO happier, and, objectively, me as well ... ;)

I have found this a very rewarding way to end a build as well.   It’s like getting a fresh start again.  
I started the habit with my new bench at the new home and wouldn’t change a thing!  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Ok, but , where is the saddle?  :)

Nice setup my friend, something to admire. 

On the horse’s back. Didn’t you see it (the horse) ?

Dang, that bloody animal has ran AWOL again …

Hubert

• Haha 5

13 hours ago, HubertB said:

As some of you may know, I moved end of last year in a completely refurbished new house. Hopefully, after 7 moves in 11 years, during which I refurbished 2 houses and had a new one built from scratch, this is the last stop before the crematorium (with maybe just the elder's house for debilitated people in-between) 🤞 ...

But then, who knows, with my record of late 😂 🤣 😂 ?

Anyway, even though the "honey-do" list is not completely exhausted, I crossed in the last hour an important milestone: I finished re-installing my workbench. I added some extra HobbyZone modules, so that now all my paints, including some 30 years-old Humbrol tins, are accessible and readily visible. They have added to their range a module with tilting drawers, very convenient for seeing and storing paints.

We have a 30 sqm mezzanine in the new house, with natural light coming from the East and West, and this is where we set-up the modelling, scrap-booking (for Patricia) areas, and home-office for both of us.

Now, I have no excuse not to get beck to some modelling (apart from the golfing sessions, the "honey-do" list, and some medical concerns) !

I hope you like the new set-up.

i-b88v2NW-600x450.jpg i-qwGzzhx-600x450.jpg

i-hDbCWKX-600x450.jpg

i-kmBk4sD-600x450.jpg

And, btw, if you ever come to Portugal, just drop me a PM. You will be welcome for a drink, or more ;) . Fran knows he has already a permanent invitation standing.

Hubert

A most impressive workshop set-up Hubert!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Hubert

Congrats on living through 7 moves in 11 years ... surely a major feat. What a man cave ... looks absolutely fantastic and well worth all the work. Hoping everyone enjoys their new home and best of all you're back at the bench - organization and layout looks brilliant. 

Thanks Peter. I have to say that the older I grow, the more I think house moves are for young people :) …

I always made a rule to finish installing everything after a move within 6 weeks, and not leave any boxes unopened. This time, it took twice as long, but the last boxes have finally been opened : they were the (small) ones containing my paint tins …

But I would not envision yet another move light-heartedly, now 😓

Hubert

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

On 1/23/2024 at 6:01 AM, HubertB said:

Thanks Peter. I have to say that the older I grow, the more I think house moves are for young people :) …

I always made a rule to finish installing everything after a move within 6 weeks, and not leave any boxes unopened. This time, it took twice as long, but the last boxes have finally been opened : they were the (small) ones containing my paint tins …

But I would not envision yet another move light-heartedly, now 😓

Hubert

Oh no, not another move down the road - we're getting too old for all this excitement.