The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Revell He 111 P - FINISHED!!

Scott

Right with the guys - looking mighty good and I'm sure you're looking forward to adding all the placards and no step decals.

I've been doing that for a few days now myself on the Tomcat - oh what fun.

:construction:

• Like 3

Well, let it dry overnight, inspect and flat clear time.   I have a few more tiny decals to apply, but after I touch up the exhaust area from overspray.  
Once again, Revell has call outs for decals not even on the decal sheet.   I swear it’s like Revell copied someone else’s kit instructions and called it a day.  Now I understand why they went bankrupt.  If they ran a company like they made this kit, well you get the point.  
IMG_1672.thumb.jpeg.6e4271f40c8f7c85eacdce596afbc1b8.jpeg

IMG_1673.thumb.jpeg.9e856b36ac3f30d35124489c8b899bf0.jpeg

• Like 8

I will admit, it is a beauty of a kit with very few flaws.  So much potential wasted on bad instructions. I’m really pleased with the decal quality, maybe a hair bit on the thicker side, but they are laying down great and responds well to Microsol and Tamiya adhesive/softener.  

• Like 2

Spent some time this am hosing down the decals with Leveling Thinner.  Wow.  What a difference. Didn’t have time for the flat clear yet, maybe tomorrow.  

• Like 3

Another hour spent working on it without any real change.  Shot a few coats of semi flat clear to seal the decals so I can start the touch ups and weathering process.  

IMG_1681.thumb.jpeg.4e0ff7399a1e513628fcfff4a0bff55b.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Scott

Looking mighty good and any time spent, is well spent. I've had that end of work session feeling so many times but, in the end, it all adds up, as any build is an accumulation of countless steps and layers of work and another element the model builds upon. :construction:

• Like 3

Hey Peter, think it’s bad with models?  Try prepping a car for paint.  You can work on it for weeks and it looks the same to the untrained eye.  When I was prepping my ‘66 Mustang my wife thought I was crazy spending all those weeks priming and blocking, priming and blocking, priming and blocking…..”Will you just paint it already!?!” 
No.  It will look like crap if I did.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh yea! The Madea approval!  

Fun fact. Ever see the videos of Tyler Perry’s RC airplane hobby and his hanger and runway at his Atlanta GA estate?  Very impressive! 

• Like 3

Well I think I smudged it up pretty good on the bottom!  IMG_1712.thumb.jpeg.2cf937250768f400e15be950a92e6e55.jpeg

Heres the top side

image.thumb.jpg.0782eae28eefeff633094f819e7a25fa.jpg

Got a few more areas I still need to clean up the Flory wash from. But I think it’s almost ready for the flat clear.  

• Like 7