The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

F4U-1 Birdcage up next

Time for another Birdcage Corsair! :) The Tamiya kits are a pleasure to build and that's what I need at this point. I'm not certain as to which a/c this will be but I am considering a FAA bird if I can find decals for it. Not set in stone but we will see. :)

Cockpit sub assembly about done.

2-24-24 001.jpg

2-24-24 002.jpg

• Like 8

If I decide to make this one a FAA bird I'll likely have to find some decals for the roundels and codes in my decal stash. I'd rather get a dedicated decal sheet like Eaglecals #EC152 but so far I haven't been able to find it. We will see how it goes! 🙄

• Like 3

12 hours ago, shark64 said:

Spectacular IP. This is starting in the right direction.

Thank you. :) The Tamiya Corsairs are really first class kits and build up to be very nice models.

• Like 3

Out of all of the Tamiya Corsairs you have built do you by chance have the national insignia
decals with the red border, from the F4U-1A kit, left over in your spares box?  I could use them if you do.

Tried to PM you a message but it says JohnB cannot receive messages. ???

Jerry

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, k5ikl said:

Out of all of the Tamiya Corsairs you have built do you by chance have the national insignia
decals with the red border, from the F4U-1A kit, left over in your spares box?  I could use them if you do.

Tried to PM you a message but it says JohnB cannot receive messages. ???

Jerry

I feel sure I have them. I'll check and PM you. I don't understand what the deal is about receiving PM's. I'll have to check it out.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Great work John. Hopefully you can find the decals you need. 

Thanks Carl. Jerry is in luck as I have the needed decals. Always happy to be of help. :)

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Vandy1 VX-4 said:

Hey John, if you need the numbers, I have it

It’s the bottom aircraft on Eagle Cals EC152  set  That’s all I have is what’s in the photoIMG_1049.thumb.jpeg.c61b621ba14ac897155c6a86a19a2745.jpeg

That's the one I was figuring on doing. I'll send you a PM. THANKS!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Peterpools said:

John

Movin' along at a nice pace as the Birdcage is looking good as always in your hands. Glad to see the forum is doig what it does best: everyone, helping each other out. :construction:

Some nice folks here. Thanks.:)

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, KevinM said:

But I like that color something different for sure John.;)

Yes it is! I have the green applied on the uppers and will apply the grey next. We'll see how that looks. I'm sure it'll be quite different from the "usual"!

• Like 1