Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Big Tank Crocker - Model Factory Hiro - 1/9

Due to my fault, I lost some parts, like the bezel glasses and the very prominent spring fork adjuster, which flew away during polishing and was never seen again. I emailed MFH and a bit more than a week later, I had spare parts along a hand written note, encouraging me to finish the Crocker, nice touch.

Today, I added the saddle and the cockpit, after polishing said adjuster and can call my first MFH build finished. It was a pure pleasure build of a well constructed kit, with the chain, being the only troublesome area. It was a fantastic variety to work mainly in metal and be able to not paint everything, instead sand and polish or leave a natural metal finish.

As a sidenote, I would like to have a `Finished Cars and Bikes´ section, like @Martinnfb suggested lately. This is not a tank by far.

P1011708.thumb.JPG.239c09a28e00a78ac6a91b8d8d8a5792.JPG

P1011706.thumb.JPG.d1d4957ed17e00b5276b69a8e78055ef.JPG

P1011707.thumb.JPG.5d4825173154583d2fdb451eda88d224.JPG

P1011711.thumb.JPG.37c79b9b19e7590d2b371f6d7f15def4.JPG

P1011714.thumb.JPG.fa106da882e29a04ea5ea0f97a682764.JPG

P1011717.thumb.JPG.2abedc437fd00740e9d60b313e29a9d6.JPG

P1011709.thumb.JPG.eb16540c0dc9c3ad5b07eff9b505e97e.JPG

P1011710.thumb.JPG.b94edf12492d9a4901cc8bed4fb9aba9.JPG

P1011713.thumb.JPG.cc360cc3f5638c77d28ea6e87cefb0ee.JPG

P1011715.thumb.JPG.b3c712f5fbfe47e61232c7e5321d2489.JPG

Cheers Rob

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

18 hours ago, KevinM said:

Looks like the real McCoy Rob or Crocker....:unworthy:

17 hours ago, FullArmor said:

It was real treat to follow this build. Thank you. End result is outstanding.🙂👍

15 hours ago, belugawhaleman said:

Well done Rob!

Thank you Kevin, FA and Paul, this won´t be my last MFH kit for sure. I have some others in stash and may start with the Cobra Coupe in 1/12 soon.

Cheers Rob

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Landlubber Mike said:

Wow, what a superb build Rob.  MFH should use your pics to sell more of their kits!!

Thank you Mike. I actually sent the pics to MFH, as they have a customer gallery. Lets see, if they accept my entry. If it does kick their sales, I cannot say, but I became a willing customer :D.

Cheers Rob

• Like 2

12 hours ago, HubertB said:

Fantastic build, Rob ! 
The result speaks for the quality of the model, but also for your skills,

Thank you Hubert. The model is indeed of the highest possible quality. If you are aware of the number of kits, MFH produces and the process of designing these, you can understand the hefty price tag. I´ve seen some very good kits over my modeling career, but these are in league of their own.

Cheers Rob

• Like 2

Rob, congratulations on another stunning build. The finish on the metal parts look very realistic. Makes me want look at MFH and purchase, unfortunately my skill level and probably budget precludes me. Looking forward to the Cobra….

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Rob, congratulations on another stunning build. The finish on the metal parts look very realistic. Makes me want look at MFH and purchase, unfortunately my skill level and probably budget precludes me. Looking forward to the Cobra….

Thank you Phil, the white metal is very good to work with and allows for different types of surface finish. Only cleaned, it looks like aluminum, but you can give it a brushed or polished finish as well. Building MFH kits is quite different from normal styrene kits, but given the right tools and a bit of understanding about how to work with metals, it´s not overly complicated. The chain was a challenge, the rest was fun, but you have to maintain a proper building sequence, thinking ahead and test fit a lot.
Well the price tag is hefty, but the MFH kits are special. I purchased all my MFH kits directly from the producer and found it to be the cheapest way by far.

Cheers Rob

• Like 3

Rob

What can I say that hasn't been said already. Absolutely an incredible build to the highest standards; a stellar build of a meticulously engineered kit. A joy and pleasure to be along for the journey.

Looking forward to being front and center for your Shelby Cobra adventure. 

Absolutely agree there should be a `Finished Cars and Bikes´ section. 

🏆🏆🏆

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Peter and good to have you onboard for the Cobra Coupe ride. I´m expecting a bit more of problematic areas with the Cobra, but lets wait and see.

Cheers Rob

• Like 2

Thanks Peter, fun fact, I found the part which flew away during polishing, now after having received the spares from MFH. It flew half a mile and was found only by accident :D.

Cheers Rob

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

Isn't that always the way? Still, excellent customer service. 👍

Absolutely Peter, fast and reliable, albeit not cheap, but that´s mostly due to shipping costs.

Cheers Rob

• Like 2