Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Upcoming Group Build Poll

Next Group Build  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What GB would you like?

• Sandbox ( Anything related to tropical conditions, sand, etc. )
    • Tallies ( self-explanatory )
    • Winning ! ( any Racing subject )
    • Peace on Earth ( Non Military Subject )
    • Relics ( anything manufactured before 1975 )

6 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

PW

I'm just waiting for the official start: bench is cleaned, ready and I'm ready to run,

I won't get delivery till Monday ...but in much same state , have paused the Chiefy for now 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Chris

Never thought of that but I guess the official 9/1/24 is where Martin lives: Toronto, Canada.⏱️

Actually, Martin is a bit west of Toronto. 

I'm in Toronto which may have led to the confusion. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/31/2024 at 2:32 AM, mark31 said:

I would go for the spit.

Mark

I realized that I have three Spits : 1/48, 1/32/ 1/24....  And no North Africa bits for any of them.  Depending on progress, I may come back to do one of the Spits.  But going to start with the Bf 109 as it has a paint scheme I'm interested in.  A combination of Desert and Eastern Front...

Stay tuned!!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, CANicoll said:

I realized that I have three Spits : 1/48, 1/32/ 1/24....  And no North Africa bits for any of them.  Depending on progress, I may come back to do one of the Spits.  But going to start with the Bf 109 as it has a paint scheme I'm interested in.  A combination of Desert and Eastern Front...

Stay tuned!!

Looking forward to that.

I still thinking on what to build.

But i hope that the parts come out fine off the printer and we are off for a special one.

Normaly over 6 hours i have the first part

Mark

• Like 3

The sandbox theme didn´t excite me a lot, initially. In my huge stash, I found only some sandy kits. A 1/48 Do-17 in desert camo, a Meng M3A3 Bradley, yawn, I have a Jeep kit and conversion along figures for a LRDG Jeep, better, but not satisfactory either. There is a hardly startet Meng D9R Doobi kit, but then I had an idea....
I will start late, as I need to buy some stuff during my Berlin trip, starting next week.

Cheers Rob

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I'm in with two projects:

First on the bench: the new SH 1/48 SMB@ IAI Sa'ar, 1970's four color cammo scheme

FTCEW6.jpg

Second build: Kinetic 1/48 IAI Nesher - four color cammo scheme

thQ4KH.jpg

Couldn't wait to start and about 2;30 AM, I finally opened the Sa'ar kit and dove in and step one is a good soak in warm water and Dawn over night (or what was left of it) to remove the mold release agent.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Peterpools said:

I'm in with two projects:

First on the bench: the new SH 1/48 SMB@ IAI Sa'ar, 1970's four color cammo scheme

FTCEW6.jpg

Second build: Kinetic 1/48 IAI Nesher - four color cammo scheme

thQ4KH.jpg

Couldn't wait to start and about 2;30 AM, I finally opened the Sa'ar kit and dove in and step one is a good soak in warm water and Dawn over night (or what was left of it) to remove the mold release agent.

Sweet subjects Peter!  Looking forward to them!

• Like 2

I don't see a WIP area yet for this GB.  Did I miss it?

I'm in with the Eduard Bf 109-F4, and likely a Pacific P-39/P-400.  I have two of the old monogram kits, but am kind of itching to try the Arma Hobby P-39Q kit.  Since Peter did that absolutely LOVELY Spitfire IXc in desert camo I'm not going anywhere near that build until everyone (eventually) forgets he did that beauty.  :unworthy:  I STILL go back to the RFI pics and admire the work...

PXL_20240901_021817886.thumb.jpg.3d4b6ae9fd877806667bc4033dee9b05.jpg

This one was originally slated for North Africa, then ended up on the Eastern Front where they partially covered the desert camo.  (@Martinnfb If that doesn't fly, let me know and I'll change the subject).  I just thought the camo pattern looked cool.

PXL_20240901_021748647.thumb.jpg.18e22ccfb6d8a20c313b44b6ad77f877.jpg

• Like 4

Going through the stash, I have a few choices. 

- a couple of M60 variants, one USMC with reactive armour, the other Israeli also with ERA

-  Israeli Tiran 4 with a dozer blade

- Tiger 131 in two scales ( this is probably my leading contender)

- Desert Storm F-4G

Plus probably a couple more I can't recall off the top of my head. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Well, as I was labouring on the design of the conversion parts for my Potez 25, and looking at other’s submissions, I had an idea for a future group huild, maybe to park in the back of Martin’s mind ?

« 3D-printed. Any kit that uses, in full or part, 3D-printed components in its build, whether the parts are home design or manufacturer’s design »

I thought that could be an interesting way of taking stock of the arrival of this new technology. And then, in 20 years’ time, we could have a « any kit that still uses injection-molded parts » :)

Hubert

• Like 6