Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

16 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Not the postie but the Fed Ex driver also dropped off a Sprue Bros package at my door. 

PXL_20241010_200928375.thumb.jpg.01e4216b947a8d97275a3e1f42311c20.jpg

PXL_20241010_200939079.thumb.jpg.50e1f5b95cc2aa455e375b9082fceeed.jpg

PXL_20241010_201141852.thumb.jpg.b48bebdbfc0c19c75142d3772d38dbe5.jpg

F-4 goodness. 

Awesome haul - My SB order should arrive today or tomorrow and I also jumped on a ZM F4J. I have a good six F4's in the stash, always adding and planning on building a few this winter.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, belugawhaleman said:

Not modeling related, but.......

A new Keurig Supreme plus Coffee Maker...a Vital need for the

home......I did get a few sets of Friulmodel tracks, some paint brushes an

a few Egg Girls but this is by far a priority. Lately, I've been unable to do

any modeling because of a nasty Achilles tendon injury. I have to keep my

leg elevated and immobile. Coffee is a huge part of my life since I was

about 12. Anyway this thing is awesome...best coffee ever! It has been Impossible for

me to get back to my home to do any work.....Stuck at Mom's where I've

been for most of this year due to her injuries. So, I stay up late and read. I did go for a drive today, but it proved to be a bad

idea. Maybe things will get better by next week.

Screenshot_20241010-194832_kindlephoto-15707266.png

Paul,

Nice Keurig Supreme - it's the one I use every day and just finished doing the descaling maintenance last week. Enjoy.

My favorite coffee for the Keurig McDonalds Premium.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

My wife Sue can't go without her coffee. Such that I got her a tee shirt which says "Coffee makes me less murdery" and she loved it. 

Paul, sorry to hear about your leg and Mom, hopefully things get better for both of you.

That’s my wife as well.  Of course if she has too much she’s a non-stop chatterbox I cannot get to shut up.  She goes into narrator mode telling the invisible people in the room what she’s doing all day and what she needs to get done.  And if that isn’t bad enough she launches into me because I’m not acting like I’m on a cocaine fueled chore frenzy getting things done.  
I have literally grabbed the last bit in the pot to just keep her from getting it and launching into orbit. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

That’s my wife as well.  Of course if she has too much she’s a non-stop chatterbox I cannot get to shut up.  She goes into narrator mode telling the invisible people in the room what she’s doing all day and what she needs to get done.  And if that isn’t bad enough she launches into me because I’m not acting like I’m on a cocaine fueled chore frenzy getting things done.  
I have literally grabbed the last bit in the pot to just keep her from getting it and launching into orbit. 

Scott, you are a scholar and a gentleman.  Not to mention you've figured out the key to a happy life....  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Paul,

Nice Keurig Supreme - it's the one I use every day and just finished doing the descaling maintenance last week. Enjoy.

I have three coffee habits, including my (aging) Keurig.  How did you do the descaling?  I've seen different methods but not sure the one I use does a lot.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Paul,

Thanks. It's Marley coffee "Buffalo Soldier" for me.

• Like 4

With the current bam on Tamiya spray cans here in Canada, I thought it best to grab a couple cans of some needed colours for my Bruiser at the LHS. While there I picked up the latest version of Bandai's MG RX-78-2 Gundam. 

1000007204.thumb.jpg.7c5604c0049e46a642f831eab868600f.jpg

Bandai has redesigned/updated this kit several times now. The original was released back in 1995 and they keep updating it since then. They keep improving the details and articulation of the model. 

• Like 7

This is my coffee machine, since my trusty Rancillio Silvia passed away two years ago. It´s a Rocket Appartemento with two boiling circuits, one for coffee and one for steam, so no waiting time for cappuccino. I buy excellent coffees, where ever I can get them, but drink mostly a very good Colombian decaf, roasted by Barcomi´s Berlin. It´s a sacrifice to my blood pressure, but one, which is easily made, because the coffee is excellent.

IMG_E0172.thumb.JPG.2a870d26a70368a6068d1df402f8c12a.JPG

Cheers Rob

• Like 7

6 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

With the current bam on Tamiya spray cans here in Canada

Bummer with the ban, Carl, I have the same situation since years and some weeks ago, I was about to smuggle a can of TS-44 into my flight baggage from Berlin, because there is no substitute for this color to find and it has to match some car decals. I didn´t do it in the end and have to mix now.

Cheers Rob 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, belugawhaleman said:

Just heard about the Canada Ban! Crazy! Does include their

Surface primers? Bottled Lacquers?

Paul, it's only their spray cans.  None of the bottled paints and primers are affected. There's a chemical in the propellant that exceeds what's allowed so for the moment, all imports are banned. Shops and the distributor can still sell what's in stock but that's it. 

There was a similar issue many years ago with Mr Color. In that case, it was the bottled paints so they were discontinued for a long time. Some small shops were bringing it in under the radar but it was hard to find for a while.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

A number of things....

First, an Amazon buy....Tamiya's M51 IDF Sherman. I built this kit before

,but I found this on Amazon for $ 33.00 USD...and with free shipping!

Not bad.

Also, two sets (3 brushes) from AIT size 20/0....I needed to replace mine.

A set from Star Decals These are for French tanks, Char 1 bis and SOMUA, that were recaptured from the Germans by Free French forces.

Another interesting option.

Some paint from Mr. Hobby...."Character Flesh #2"..... Some more on

the way.

Yes , More Friulmodel Tracks... For Panzer III/IV s this time

And lastly a couple of Hasegawa "Egg Girls"....I don't know, I just like

these things , something off the beaten path.

DSCN1975.JPG

DSCN1979_kindlephoto-70935546.jpg

DSCN1984_kindlephoto-70959638.jpg

DSCN1981_kindlephoto-70998700.jpg

DSCN1977_kindlephoto-70896023.jpg

DSCN1986_kindlephoto-70867322.jpg

• Like 4

On 10/12/2024 at 9:46 AM, DocRob said:

This is my coffee machine, since my trusty Rancillio Silvia passed away two years ago. It´s a Rocket Appartemento with two boiling circuits, one for coffee and one for steam, so no waiting time for cappuccino. I buy excellent coffees, where ever I can get them, but drink mostly a very good Colombian decaf, roasted by Barcomi´s Berlin. It´s a sacrifice to my blood pressure, but one, which is easily made, because the coffee is excellent.

IMG_E0172.thumb.JPG.2a870d26a70368a6068d1df402f8c12a.JPG

Cheers Rob

Nice looking machine Rob. I've been on the decaf coffee as well for about 18 months now to try and stay off blood pressure medication. So far it's working and thankfully haven't missed the caffeine at all.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GusMac said:

Nice looking machine Rob. I've been on the decaf coffee as well for about 18 months now to try and stay off blood pressure medication. So far it's working and thankfully haven't missed the caffeine at all.

I do miss the strong stuff, because it is really hard to find decent decaf´s. I had to search and try a lot, until I found a few good ones. My high blood pressure came instantly without warning three years ago. It was hard to adapt that fast from old habits, like my beloved very strong roasts. I have to take my blood pressure medication, which sucks, but besides, I actually have no health issues. 
The machine is indeed a really nice one and I like it a lot. The only weak point is the power switch, which I had to change once and this one seems to be on the end of it´s lifespan as well. No big deal, I always have a spare one at hand. 
I wouldn´t like to miss a perfect brewed and prepared cappuccino in the morning with fresh ground coffee. I don´t drink huge amounts of coffee, but the two per day really count.

Cheers Rob    

• Like 6

After one false start on shipping, I finally got the Clear Prop! F-86A kit today.  Unlike the first people who got the kit, mine comes with not one, but THREE different gun muzzle panels.  It has the original one with the doors closed, the interim one with the rectangular doors bolted open, and the later F-86E/F style!

The kit is every bit as nice as everyone has said, and now you can do any F-86A from the box with just a change of decals.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Peterpools said:

PW, nice addition to the air brush collection, I've often wondered how different it would be using this type of AB as compared to the more conventional trigger system. After some use, would be very interested in your thoughts.

That was exactly my thoughts Peter ! :)

I will use it for a few weeks and report back !

• Like 2

Just a couple things today from Great Hobbies. They had their Thanksgiving sale on this past weekend ( Canada celebrates t in October, probably because we're colder) so I picked up the Despiae sander. 

PXL_20241015_185410615.thumb.jpg.e4ebc46607de0ddafb40f8f34f2f05f3.jpg

Nicely packed as is typical of Despiae,

PXL_20241015_190650113.thumb.jpg.c8f15db7f7ba9d1335baaf9f42d26718.jpg

I also picked up their dusting brush. 

PXL_20241015_185429054.thumb.jpg.67316f3f3ae1f90c9fd8821feb2ec41e.jpg

On the kit side, I saw @DocRob's MaK build and decided to finally jump in and grab one. Great Hobbies has a number of models on sale and one could stack the Thanksgiving discount on top of it so this worked out to a great deal. 

PXL_20241015_185953389_MP.thumb.jpg.f6182650c22e834c5ad0beb5d659d034.jpg

• Like 3

On 10/15/2024 at 12:28 PM, Peterpools said:

PW, nice addition to the air brush collection, I've often wondered how different it would be using this type of AB as compared to the more conventional trigger system. After some use, would be very interested in your thoughts.

I bought a Grex pistol grip thinking it was going to be all-singing and all-dancing.  I hated it.  Went back to my traditional Badgers and Iwatas.