The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

1/35 Fieseler Fi 103 RE4 V1 Piolted Flying Bomb

Hi guy's,

Bronco's 1/35 V1 piloted flying bomb as a quick little build in between projects just to get something finished! The model practically fell together, the only thing being the locating pins and holes were so tight I couldn't completely close the fuselage. A little trimming of the pins and drilling of the holes and it was sorted. Excuse the seat belts it seems the super glue has let go for some reason.

Paints used were Gunze H417 RLM76, H423 RLM83 and for the RLM 81 I used Vallejo 70887 Brown Violet. The model was sealed with automotive acrylic clear thinned with gp thinner before the squiggle pattern was applied. The Vallejo was thinned with metholated spirits. I had to be careful with this as I could just wipe it off with my finger but came in handy when tidying up the squiggles. Re sealed with clear. I used Tamiya flat black and red brown as a wash, wont be doing that again!! Flat coat is Model Master Acrylic Flat Coat. 

Weathering was achieved with sharp Derwent coloured pencils a little pastel dust and some sponging of the Vallejo Brown Violet.

DSCF0959_zpsb9edce94.jpg

DSCF0945_zps4933f59d.jpg

DSCF0961_zpsd6fbb137.jpg

DSCF0949_zps9d05c267.jpg

DSCF0954_zps1c39a073.jpg

DSCF0951_zpsfac6b316.jpg

DSCF0955_zpsc277e7dd.jpg

DSCF0956_zps96c60407.jpg

DSCF0958_zpsa5fd43f1.jpg

The trolley was painted with Tamiya Field Grey and weathered with pastels, oil wash and grey lead pencil.

Thanks for looking cheers Bevan.

• Like 5