The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

**FINISHED** The creation of a man cave

James H

• Administrators

Progress!

Workshop benches are now installed and fitted with retractable socket unit, and at last....the HobbyZone units I built. Finally feel like I'm getting there.

I've actually written a review article for Military Illustrated Modeller/Model Military International magazines. This covers 3 pages and will be published in the next month or so. Thanks for your help Jamme. I mentioned you in the article ;)

DSC_2149.jpg

DSC_2147.jpg

12.jpg

• Like 4

Those HZ units do look great. Do they go together as easily as claimed James? If so I think my Xmas list might be started.

The pop-up socket is a great idea as well. It looks a great workspace.

Cheers, Gus

• Administrators

Those HZ units do look great. Do they go together as easily as claimed James? If so I think my Xmas list might be started.

The pop-up socket is a great idea as well. It looks a great workspace.

Cheers, Gus

Hi Gus,

Yes, the HZ stuff really is superb. Beautifully and accurately machined, with great care taken right down to boxing and packing. Ultra-speedy delivery too, despite the demonstrations at Calais recently. Six days from order to delivery, via UPS. Only £12 delivery flat rate, no matter what you order...

Thanks James. That is exceptional value on the delivery costs.

A few so-called national websites charge us more than that for delivery within the UK just because we have a postcode with the same initial letters as a fair chunk of the Highlands. You try and point out to them that that postcode covers about 35% of the landmass of Scotland and that you live 5 minutes off the motorway to the oil capital of Europe but to no avail. Sorry, rant over.

Can definitely see some of this on the wish list for Xmas.

Gus

Progress!

Workshop benches are now installed and fitted with retractable socket unit, and at last....the HobbyZone units I built. Finally feel like I'm getting there.

I've actually written a review article for Military Illustrated Modeller/Model Military International magazines. This covers 3 pages and will be published in the next month or so. Thanks for your help Jamme. I mentioned you in the article ;)

DSC_2149.jpg

DSC_2147.jpg

12.jpg

Thank you very much James.

Cheers,

Jamme

• Like 2

• Administrators

Well folks,

This one is about finished. There will still be ongoing tidying over the next weeks as I move things around and find places for stuff that I'm struggling with right now.

I also found the photo tent set up wouldn't fit in here, so I actually have a little more workbench space now. 

This has been a blast, but I suppose I'd better now sort the rest of the house out ;)

Watch out for my review of the HobbyZone workbench stuff in the next issues of both Military Illustrated Modeller (Air edition), and Tamiya Model Military International.

DSC04965.jpg

DSC04967.jpg

DSC04966.jpg

• Like 4