Jump to content

1:32 Revell Messerschmitt Bf109G-10 Erla 'Yellow 2"


Mish
 Share

Recommended Posts

This kit was given to me as a birthday present earlier in the year by my very good friends Lloyd, Mike, Ray, Dave, Ian and Sean

 

I will starting this build soon, just got a couple of bits to do on my Spitfire and I waiting for the paint to arrive for this one

 

Box_zpspgx4muoj.jpg

 

It will be built as this aircraft:

 

New%20Doc%2029_1_zpsdxajfkjp.jpg

 

and these aftermarket parts

 

P1130413_zps4elpomq5.jpg

 

I may have to add some wheels and tyres...

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did a little on the Gustav today whilst waiting on things on the Spit drying.

 

Cockpit floor painted and weathered, I also added some tape toe straps on the rudder pedals.

 

P1130418_zps9ubhcbgc.jpg

 

And 'debelted' the seat as I will be adding HGW cloth belts

 

Before

 

P1130416_zpslfrwdmsl.jpg

 

After

 

P1130417_zpsducglukj.jpg

 

More soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good progress today, got the side-walls finished, IP finished and the cockpit assembled.

 

Port side-wall

P1130436_zpsehevoiks.jpg

 

Starboard side-wall

P1130435_zpsrulysjfp.jpg

 

Instrument panel

P1130437_zpsiu8iyaqk.jpg

 

Starboard side-wall in place with the cockpit assembly

P1130438_zpsyxlpmm7v.jpg

 

Cockpit fully assembled

P1130439_zpslh2pmtjp.jpg

 

Next job was to remove the small scoop intakes from the nose on both sides of the fuselage

P1130434_zpsvmi0x3ke.jpg

 

I then added replacement resin Barracuda scoops and exhaust stubs

P1130444_zps9iuklze9.jpg

 

Really pleased with the way this kit is going together.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


What do you folks think?

These are some after-market parts for my 1:32 Revell Bf109G-10

 

The small wheel bulge insert compared against the part for the G-6 boxing (kit part to the front) As you can see the resin part is way out and if sanded to shape there will be no leading edge just a hole!

 

P1130474_zps87qo1m0e.jpg

 

The wheels (kit part to the right) I actually prefer the kit part.

 

P1130473_zpsnx02atca.jpg

 

The oil cooler is a bit improvement over the kit part (kit part to front)

 

P1130472_zps48z5rw0s.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So today's progress, quite a lot done today the cockpit was cemented into one of the fuselage halves and the mating halve cemented together. I then added the Barracuda resin carburettor intake and corrected oil cooler. Both fitted very well.

Next up was to add the upper inner wing parts. As the plane I'm building has the narrower/smaller wheels it doesn't need the large upper wing wheel bulges supplied with the kit.For this I purchased the Ally Cat replacement, but as can be seen from a previous post it would be very hard if not impossible to make them fit. So my only other option was to 'steal' the inner wing parts from my G-6 kit. :(

 

P1130475_zpsxb6aqqjo.jpg

 

P1130476_zps5v9dhndm.jpg

 

Lower wings were fitted next, closely followed by the upper outer wing parts.

 

P1130477_zps9c8uqslz.jpg

 

Some clamping and filling with Mr Dissolved Putty was required on the wing joins, but the fit is not too bad.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Finally got a couple hours back at the bench. Not a lot to see but the upper wing joins have been broken and reset meaning that one joint has had to have some more filler applied.

 

And the upper tail, rudder, tail-planes and elevators all assembled and on the aircraft.

 

P1130499_zpsyyhtzxss.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've really enjoyed reading through your creation Mish, thank you. Great choice of colour scheme by the way and the figure will add a great focal point :)

 

I'm really looking forward to seeing it come to life

 

Grant.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Which markings will you use Mish - or are you going to paint them?

 

This one

 

New%20Doc%2029_1_zpsdxajfkjp.jpg

Will be decals apart from the green and white ID band

 

Nice choice and start Mish,

Well saved on the wings, that will buff right out!

Those figures are looking good as an add on too.

 

Regards,

 

Yep one has come out okay so far.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Finally found some time to get back to the bench and cracked on with the 109.

 

First job was to apply the Mondex masks to the canopy, this is the first time I have used Mondex masks and apart from some lifting at a couple of the corners they worked well.

 

P1130501_zpsmjny9htu.jpg

 

After priming the next job was to spray the undersides with RLM 76 using the new Mr Paint range

 

P1130502_zpsie3exk75.jpg

 

Then is was the topsides again using Mr Paint, only this time RLM 74 & 75

 

P1130506_zpsuq8sbfzu.jpg

 

P1130507_zps66nhubzi.jpg

 

More soon.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...