Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Trumpeter SBD-3

Hi guys,

I haven't posted here in quite some time so now I think I will remedy that. This is my recent build of the Trumpeter 1/32 SBD-3 during the Battle of Santa Cruz. This is one of Trumpeter's better kits and it was a enjoyable build. I hope you like the results of my efforts.

7-6 001.jpg

7-6 002.jpg

7-6 003.jpg

7-6 004.jpg

7-6 005.jpg

• Like 5

Nice SBD you built there. I like the subtle shading and weathering. The pit and gunner section looks great too. I let the Trumpeter SBD pass because I have a 1/48 one in my stash with lots of PE and other aftermarket stuff, but one of These days… .

Cheers Rob

• Like 1

Thank you. I should mention that the wheels are from a old Matchbox SBD I built many years ago. The kit wheels/tires are way too thin. I added a chart I printed out on my computer for the pull out chart board. The seat belts are from Eduard. The rear pit guns are brass. :)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, joeg said:

I like especially the pilots mapboard. A very nice detail and eyecatcher in the cockpit! Great!

Thanks. I thought that would be a nice addition.  :)

2 hours ago, mikester said:

That really looks good, John.  This one has been on my want list for awhile, hoping I can find one at a good price at Nats.

Thanks Mike. It's too bad some of the other Trumpeter kits aren't as good. I was pleased with the fit, etc. :)

• 4 weeks later...