The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Fw 190F-8, Luftflotte 4, "Black 11" (1/32 Hasegawa)

• Members

I kind of ran out of steam on taking WIP photos towards the end (I normally do).  Pretty happy with the end result.  Not sure I'd use the HGW raised rivets again, neat effect but a little pricey and a lot of work.  The bomb loader is the Verlinden resin kit. 

Decals: EagleCals
Paint: Mr. Color

Notes: EagleParts spinner and propeller blades with external weights, MDC SC 250 bomb, HGW seatbelts. HGW raised rivet set, Eduard wheels, Quickboost gun set, Quickboost exhausts

IMG_0846.JPG

IMG_0851.JPG

IMG_0855.JPG

IMG_0856.JPG

IMG_0857.JPG

IMG_0858.JPG

IMG_0859.JPG

IMG_0860.JPG

IMG_0862.JPG

IMG_0863.JPG

IMG_0864.JPG

IMG_0865.JPG

IMG_0866.JPG

• Like 9

• Members
2 hours ago, Wumm said:

Spectacular results yet again. Loving the colour modulation on the oversprayed fuselage sections. Any close-ups of how the rivets turned out?

Thanks, Steve.  I'll take some indoor pics tomorrow and post them, the outdoor lighting kind of washes them out.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
On 9/7/2018 at 2:20 PM, Wumm said:

Spectacular results yet again. Loving the colour modulation on the oversprayed fuselage sections. Any close-ups of how the rivets turned out?

Steve, here are some close-ups of the rivet detail.  I did some dark and some light which gives kind of an interesting effect.

IMG_0897.JPG

IMG_0898.JPG

IMG_0899.JPG

• Like 3

• Members
35 minutes ago, Wumm said:

Thanks Mike... It's subtle, but it compliments the finish rather than draw attention to the riveted areas, which for me works well in this case.

Soooo... worth the effort you think?

Worth the effort?  Yes. Would I do it again?  Jury's still out! :lol:

• Like 1

• Members
3 minutes ago, rkranias said:

Nice Mike.

I'm riveting my 190 C.  Hope my results when paint applied turn out as good as yours.

Thanks, Rick!  Hey, were you ever able to get a replacement windscreen for your P-40?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mikester said:

Thanks, Rick!  Hey, were you ever able to get a replacement windscreen for your P-40?

yup, snagged one a few months ago.  Removed the inside mounts for the armored glass and polished inside windscreen smooth.

Next step will be to mount the reflector glass and scratch armored glass and mount it askew inside windscreen.  EZ right?  :)

• Like 2

• Members

OK good deal!  The other day I came across a spare windscreen from the Azur Hawk 75 in the spares box and it looked like it could be adapted to the Trumpeter P-40 and I remembered you were looking for one but glad you're covered!

• Like 1