The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Tube glue

JohnB

I've used Testor's tube glue for many years. The only gripe I have with it is it's so stringy. I've looked around on several suppliers sites for a alternative but haven't found anything that looks like a good replacement. Any suggestions?

• Like 2

I gave up on tube glue long ago. Try the Testors glue in the black plastic bottle. It's thinner than the tube stuff, but works very well. A caveat, though - the tip likes to clog, and there's an internal plug that won't allow you to stick a needle all the into the reservoir.

• Like 3

John, I have some tube glue in my tool box, I've had for years, it is probably all dried up by now, but in my humble experience with it, and this goes way back, it was stringy, and also I thought it dried out some and parts used to fall off my models after a while... I use the Testors liquid stuff in the black squeeze bottle , you know the stuff, and I have had excellent results with that stuff, it is thicker than the liquid stuff in the bottle , but a tad thinner than the tube stuff. For a while Testors only packed it in the squeeze bottle with a crappy plastic  applicator, now you can get it with a fine metal tube applicator again, I think it's great stuff........ just my 2c worth....

p-29441-testots-3507.jpg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Jeff said:

John, I have some tube glue in my tool box, I've had for years, it is probably all dried up by now, but in my humble experience with it, and this goes way back, it was stringy, and also I thought it dried out some and parts used to fall off my models after a while... I use the Testors liquid stuff in the black squeeze bottle , you know the stuff, and I have had excellent results with that stuff, it is thicker than the liquid stuff in the bottle , but a tad thinner than the tube stuff. For a while Testors only packed it in the squeeze bottle with a crappy plastic  applicator, now you can get it with a fine metal tube applicator again, I think it's great stuff........ just my 2c worth....

p-29441-testots-3507.jpg

That's the stuff!

Yeah, that's what I thought you were talking about, I have had great success with it, but one must make sure the applicator part is the little metal tube not that gross plastic thing..... I use this pretty much exclusively and the liquid for long seams........................... works for me.....

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bill_S said:

I gave up on tube glue long ago. Try the Testors glue in the black plastic bottle. It's thinner than the tube stuff, but works very well. A caveat, though - the tip likes to clog, and there's an internal plug that won't allow you to stick a needle all the into the reservoir.

Thanks Bill.

6 hours ago, Jeff said:

p-29441-testots-3507.jpg

Thanks Jeff. I take a look at it.

• Like 1

Hi John

Tube glue - use to love the stuff but it had to be the original Revell glue in the yellow and black tube. I have a tube of the Testors glue on my bench for years and just almost never use it. I do have to admit, when tube glue works well, you can't snap the pieces apart as you can with tamiya Extra Thin. But with good old government regulations the glues of our past, that worked beautifully are gone for good. Will be looking for your comments on the ZAP gel.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 2