The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

OK, I need an optivisor for my optivisor.

Clunkmeister

Maybe a magnifying lamp would help? I still haven't tried an optivisor myself.

Last year I had ICL surgery and went from -11.5 to near 20/20. What a revelation that was. Then I found out I needed reading glasses because my car sighted vision was finally normal. 

Carl

• Like 4

The one I am wearing on my avatar pic, that draws such a nice moustache on my beautiful face ( thank you, it’s good to hear sincere, disinterested compliments from time to time B) ) has the option to change to stronger lenses, or even double them on the mount. Useful sometimes. And I wear it on top of my regular glasses already :blink:

Of course, when you do that, the optimal focal length decreases a lot, and you have to get nearer the part you are working on. To avoid breaking your back, lower your seat to the minimum, like jewellers do.

Hubert

• Like 4

7 hours ago, HubertB said:

The one I am wearing on my avatar pic, that draws such a nice moustache on my beautiful face ( thank you, it’s good to hear sincere, disinterested compliments from time to time B) ) has the option to change to stronger lenses, or even double them on the mount. Useful sometimes. A,d I wear it on top of my regular glasses alteady :blink:

Of course, when you do that, the optimal focal length decreases a lot, and you have to get nearer the part you are working on. To avoid breaking your back, lower your seat to the minimum, like jewellers do.

Hubert

OK...................... I guess I need one too, Hubert, I DID think that was a 'stache and always thought wow, that is one to be proud of.................. looking closely now, I feel a bit of a DOPE....................:huh:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jeff said:

OK...................... I guess I need one too, Hubert, I DID think that was a 'stache and always thought wow, that is one to be proud of.................. looking closely now, I feel a bit of a DOPE....................:huh:

I’m afraid I’m too old to be any kind of hipster :D, and to display durably some facial hair, besides optical tricks on modelling forums’ avatars ....

This said, my sons, my nephews, my step-son, my step-daughter’s boyfriend, and even my older brother all display a beard. I confess I feel like an anachronistic loner sometimes :unsure:

Hubert

• Like 3

Having spent a lifetime in glasses due to severe myopia and an astigmatism I now find I can do small stuff like fabric seatbelts quite nicely without my glasses - the long-sightedness of aging is just 'correcting' my close vision. Hence I barely use my Optivisor now. I'm sure this won't last long before its all a blur again. :lol:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, GusMac said:

Having spent a lifetime in glasses due to severe myopia and an astigmatism I now find I can do small stuff like fabric seatbelts quite nicely without my glasses - the long-sightedness of aging is just 'correcting' my close vision. Hence I barely use my Optivisor now. I'm sure this won't last long before its all a blur again. :lol:

That's what happened to me. I started wearing glasses when I was 3 1/2. I was fine at the work bench and for reading but then had my eye surgery and suddenly needed reading glasses. The rest of the time I've got 20/20 vision so it's a fair tradeoff in my eyes. :D

The good thing is so far both my boys have great vision (thanks to the wife's genes) so hopefully they'll be able to keep it for a while.

Carl

• Like 5

I'm similar Carl in that both my kids seem to have inherited their mother's good eyesight rather than mine which is definitely hereditary, my father and brother are also astigmatic and short-sighted. I started with glasses when I was 7 and they are both in their late teens now so I think they've safely dodged that bullet.

• Like 2