The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Benchmark Abrasives has felt polishing flap wheels you can put on that grinder.  Those and a little polishing compound and you’ll be the hit of the corral! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Scott, I went as far as the 220 grid and that was about as much as me and my neighbours could take. Next time, when I get a set of headers I will go perhaps a little deeper. Nothing wrong with the original exhaust manifolds, except for being manifolds. Casted, rusted and heavy :). For now it will do, with just a little cleanup. The next step is suspension. And again , trying to keep it as stock as possible, but not too much. 

• Like 2

On my old ‘95 GT I used Eibach springs and on my ‘15 I’m running Steeda progressives.  I’m very happy with both.  Just did the 1” drop and no more.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am going with SR springs . Front: 230 lb/in. Rear: 200 lb/in. about 1.5" all around, preserving the rake. This is very much the same as the Ford K springs, honestly I have no idea who the manufacturer is. I know Eibach does the sway bar kit for Ford and the coils too. Who knows? 

Anyway , rear control arms, shocks and struts, dampeners and poly bushings, Panhard bar with support as a part of basic maintenance. Obviously I am dropping those silly Bullitt wheels in favour of something more muscle car like. Haven't decided yet, but think lots of rubber :)

Naturally a new aluminium differential cover, since I am changing the fluid anyway ...... so pretty 

• Like 2

Wait!?  Isn’t that a Bullitt edition? And you want to ditch the Bullitt wheels?  😱

Maybe staggering Bullitt wheels?  Nevermind.  Just looked at American Muscle. Doesn’t seem that they set up 2005-2009 with staggered fit wheels.  

My ‘95 had staggered 17” FR500 wheels.  I loved the look of those. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

FR500s look killer on SN95 . No panic  ! :)  I will keep all the original parts in case I want to sell it or else. 

The set up should be 10/11x19  , 285/305 series tires. And yes down the road I will switch to big ass 16" Brembos 

Something like this.

image.jpeg.9ce84cd487e6d460b8440b8a5ac71c83.jpegimage.jpeg.802d366c8b166ac978767b8e2ce3fa20.jpeg

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

So I placed order with American Muscle last night and all excited washed and waxed that poor thing , just to wake up into this. 

IMG_2895.jpeg

Welcome to global ‘warming’🤭😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

After two weeks of snowstorms and whiteout it seems like the spring has finally arrived. so I spend few hours under the Jack-stands just to realize how badly worn are my control arms and  how shot are my shocks and flimsy is the panhard bar support brace.

IMG_3158.jpeg

IMG_3159.jpeg

IMG_3162.jpeg

IMG_3161.jpeg

IMG_3160.jpeg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, vince14 said:

As a counter to all of the (undoubtedly nice) Americana in this thread, I'll introduce you all to my Yellow Peril....

2023-07-21 16.24.32.jpg

Is that the BMW with Toyota badging?  
Beautiful!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

After two weeks of snowstorms and whiteout it seems like the spring has finally arrived. so I spend few hours under the Jack-stands just to realize how badly worn are my control arms and  how shot are my shocks and flimsy is the panhard bar support brace.

IMG_3158.jpeg

IMG_3159.jpeg

IMG_3162.jpeg

IMG_3161.jpeg

IMG_3160.jpeg

That should make quite the difference in ride quality. 

• Like 1

On 3/20/2024 at 5:12 PM, Martinnfb said:

So I placed order with American Muscle last night and all excited washed and waxed that poor thing , just to wake up into this. 

IMG_2895.jpeg

At least you got the cover back on in time. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

Loosie goosie!  I had to laugh when I saw how loose it is.  
I bet the tail end was all over the road during spirited driving. 

Honestly I don’t know. Drove it home in December from Edmonton and it felt like grandpa’s sedan. 
I just popped in the front struts assemblies, and now waiting for a new impact wrench from Amazon. That’s for the rear upper control arm mount. That bugger sits there like a gecko on the sealing and laughing on my futile attempts to loosen it up. 
few shots of the stock springs. Don’t panic, the drop is not that significant. The new one compress less taking to consideration its higher ratio. 

IMG_3164.jpeg

IMG_3165.jpeg

IMG_3166.jpeg

• Like 2

Taking a slightly different approach to new wheels.  I really like the Bronze, but could not get a new set at a reasonable price.  Gunmetal on the white car looks nice, too.  Knew someone who did this exact setup, but an inch larger than my current 18x9.5 wheels.  These are 19x9s.  People only see one side at a time anyway, right??

Mach V Crucial Wheels - definitely shows off the 6pot Brembos to nice effect.

IMG_3895.jpg.3fc7118c79820ed85df20267be63c449.jpgIMG_3894.thumb.jpg.e59c2787e6e6b2ae422f9d69ed197be7.jpg

• Like 3

I'm liking the bronze look myself. I have a set of Koenig Heliums on my Beat in the bronze. They're great with the burnt orange that the car is. Had to do a +2 fit to find tires that would fit due to the stagger. 

Beatwrack-M.jpg

I'm hoping to find something similar for our next car which might be dark blue. 

• Like 2