The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

I know man and that important for sure. Plus other issues...range, battery life etc.

But man the pluses like gobs of instant torque, no gas fill ups etc.

I'm not one of these tree huggers, just like the technology.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ryan said:

I know man and that important for sure. Plus other issues...range, battery life etc.

I hear ya, but where I live , which is some what rural, we don't have a lot of charging stations , and for 'my' personal application for now, they really aren't practical here just yet.............. and when they make them the only thing, ( which I don't think they really will, too much money in the oil industry ) I will be crushed.....and very sad indeed..... BUT they aren't asking me... :huh:

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ryan said:

AND make them 'pretty'............... all these concept units are BUTT UGLY IMHO...................... I 'may' find them a little easier to take if they made them look cool........ looks like a 4 year old designed them....... :2c:

• Like 4

For me ideally would be a nice normally aspirated sports car in the garage and one of these for daily use.

And you are absolutely right about charging stations...hell even repair shops for these things, seems there is a fair amount of infrastructure that is missing for these new  vehicles.

• Like 5

as much as 'they' want us to quit driving our "gas guzzlers' ( another term I abhor ) I'm thinking it may be a while before it comes to full fruition, and how are they going to convince all the rest of us rednecks to change over..... do I see civil unrest ?? LOL !!  I do hear you on possible city driving and yest that cuts down on all the bad stuff we breathe, but not anywhere near practical, (yet) for winter ops in the mountains or semi trailers.................. still though, we ARE on the cusp of amazing technology..... how did we get so smart so fast...... wasn't many years ago we were starting a fire with sticks.....

• Like 4

Heres my ride.  It means a lot to me since I purchased it as a reward for years of hard work and dedication.   I custom ordered it from the factory and it is one of the last Challengers to have black pearl paint from the factory.   It was being built when the tsunami happened in Japan and destroyed the paint factory.  After my car they switched to just solid black.  I also purchased it 3 months before I met my now wife, so it has a lot of history in it.  Also, the other toy is fun!!

20181230_102651.jpg

• Like 5

Tony, you NEED to fully document that car.... do you have the window sticker and the broadcast sheet ( GM we call it a build sheet)  try and get as much information from Dodge as you can , it will pay huge dividends down the road.... what an interesting story..... so down the road when it is being restored by Mark Worman of Graveyard Carz, he will quote all the RPO numbers and tell that story to the tv audience ! 

• Like 2

Jeff, not only that, but I was flying freight while my car was being built up in Canada.  Our primary customers were the car companies and we would run parts from Mexico to Canada.   I flew a number if trips to run wiring harness up to Hamilton while my car was on the line. So, I most likely delivered parts for my own cars construction.   

• Like 4

I like this guy, and his reviews...... SO...............FINALLY, after all the silly questions and a few weeks of research, I have decided ( for now) that maybe the ceramic coating may not be for me , just yet....... reason is for now, is that I'm not sure I can change my old school ways of detailing and polishing......it is the old dog new tricks thing..... heavy on the old dag part......so with that said, and a few emails back and forth to a good friend of mine who worked for Ferrari, and Jaguar in the UK, and says this polish or wax rather is the ONLY product, factory authorized for use by Ferrari, Jaguar, AND Rolls Royce, I thought.... " what the Hell, IF it is good enough for those guys, it is 'probably' good enough for my NEW Chevy":rofl: I really kind of like this guy from the UK with his reviews, he seems to know what he's talking about and he speaks my language......this stuff is available, at, of all places Canadian Tire... not cheap, but this is what I'm going to give a go to.....

• Like 3

On 3/13/2019 at 9:30 AM, Ryan said:

The only thing I really don't care for is the push button starters. I miss turning a key.

OMG!  I hate keys now!!!  

Fob in pocket, grab door handle to unlock.   Touch handle to lock it. No keys dangling and tickling my knee.   I’m so use to it the wife always yells at me for not unlocking her car doors as we approach.  So use to not hitting the fob button on my Mustang.   

• Like 3

11 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

OMG!  I hate keys now!!!  

Fob in pocket, grab door handle to unlock.   Touch handle to lock it. No keys dangling and tickling my knee.   I’m so use to it the wife always yells at me for not unlocking her car doors as we approach.  So use to not hitting the fob button on my Mustang.   

My new ride is 'keyless', and I was sitting in it yesterday at the dealership, sill not sure this old dog can get used to that....... I'm scared I will leave the fob in the house , go start her up, drive away , and then I would be diddled............................ out of range as they say....... might have to get a string, around my neck, like a 'neck noodle' that the yuppy guys wear for their glasses, or 'idiot mittens'.............. so would that be 'idiot key fob'?...............................OR 'an idiot with a key fob'........................... maybe you guys better not answer that ........:rofl:I'm sure I will love it, but it is sure something new for this old hound.....

• Like 1

It won’t crank up with the fob that far away.  Try it. 

I hate early morning start up to warm it up.  Get out of the car and the horn beeps twice.  I hate that useless feature.  

If I bought an automatic I could crank it up from inside the house. But automatic.... bleh! 

• Like 3

Beautiful blue Scott...... love the details on the intake plenum too....... can you not disable the horn chirp? I think that is annoying as well......silly question..... did you read the instructions?  ( owner's manual), the owner's manual in my new ride is 463 pages, although a lot of it I can skip... child seat stuff, seat belt stuff, trailer towing stuff ( pulled semi trailers for years ) but still..... I 'did' read the book....... B) no emoticon with a halo.....

• Like 2

My mom bought a new 2018 Civic hatch at the end of last year. She had two big wants on her wish list:

1) It must have a key to turn to start. When the saleswoman said they only had the base model left in stock but it had an ignition key, my mom that was perfectly fine with her. 

2) It needs to have a CD player. Not as big a deal as #1, and when the saleswoman sat down and showed my mom how to use her Iphone 8 for all her music instead the deal was closed. 

Jeff, I've been using some of the Autoglym stuff myself over the last couple of years. It does seem to do a nice job. They've also got some products other companies don't seem to offer which is nice. 

When it comes to electric cars, we're still a bit on the fence. 90% of our driving is less than  15km each way and a further 5% is within 120km. On top of that, we drive maybe 9,000km a year. We even have 220v in our garage for a fast charger. So they're a very viable option for us.

But, this is Canada and there's this weather phenomena called winter that happens for half the year. The cold kills the range on batteries, especially if you want to be warm in your car. Most of these range tests are done in warm places. I've only read one testdrive/review that was done in winter in Canada. The range was roughly half what the optimal distance is. So I think we may be waiting a bit longer. 

Carl

• Like 4

I think so too Carl.... and good for your ma...  moms are cool.... mine isn't doing so well at the moment, BUT she is sharp enough she would take my Corvette out if I let her !! at 95 that's pretty cool....LOL

• Like 3

8 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

(...)
When it comes to electric cars, we're still a bit on the fence. 90% of our driving is less than  15km each way and a further 5% is within 120km. On top of that, we drive maybe 9,000km a year. We even have 220v in our garage for a fast charger. So they're a very viable option for us.
(...)

My wife has a Volkwagen eGolf on order. For pretty much the same reason: More than 90% of her driving is/will be within a 20km radius. 

My first venture into hybrid cars was quite a disaster, eventually ending a long-standing love affair with Volvo station wagons. The hybrid V90 T8 didn't keep what Volvo promised. Both in terms of range and overall car reliability, the latter being the biggest letdown. Not quite what I've been expecting.

I think I'll wait another three to four years to see how EV technology evolves.  In the meantime, I've reverted to a Diesel-powered SUV.
100% fun so far...

• Like 4

Talking about disasters , here is my unsuccessful attempt to wet-sand a weird snap(marked by the red arrow) that looked like amateurish attempt for paint correction. To my surprise there was almost no clear in that spot and a micron of paint.  I guess new roof job is on the menu.

IMG_0381.jpg.252a0091fcaea7135c91146668a58104.jpg

• Like 2

:wtf:???????????????  THAT is a HUGE PI$$ off, Bud......  I am gob smacked..... those guys have to fix that with no questions asked, and no money..... I would be furious......   I Feel SO bad for you Mate.......

• Like 2