The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

They should have asked My Husband....and More...

MARU 5137

They Should Have Asked My Husband".

"Pam Ayres:   Dad's Swimming Costume".

"Pam Ayres" in concert.

She's a  Poet with her own  unique Berkshire accent and vernacular and outlook on life  which some may identify with!

:)

Really Funny. 

:rofl:

• Like 3

Aye, there's still a bit of Farquhar in that one!

There's a Lass on the phones at the local Motorists Club here w'i a lovelty Glaswegian lilt. Thick and sweet like treacle it is... makes me go all gooey inside!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GusMac said:

Doric H

umour

In a similar vain, here's a great one from the Scotland the What team emphasising the idiosyncrasies of the local Doric dialect up here. Basically anyone living outwith Aberdeenshire needs subtitles with this one....

Ha haaaa, good one, thank you for the good laughs .

just like this one. :)

• Like 2

Yeah, that's a good one Martin. Have had similar frustrations with some voice recognition software and I don't have a particularly strong accent!

We actually use voice recognition at work for dictating patient reports and it works very well and learns pretty quickly if it makes the same error more than a couple of times. I once mistakenly tried to use it on one of my Indian colleague's log-ins - that didn't end well!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GusMac said:

Yeah, that's a good one Martin. Have had similar frustrations with some voice recognition software and I don't have a particularly strong accent!

We actually use voice recoion at work for dictating patient reports and it works very well and learns pretty quickly if it makes the same error more than a couple of times. I once mistakenly tried to use it on one of my Indian colleague's log-ins - that didn't end well!

I hear you Gus, I have a very thick accent myself and voice-recognition technology is simply out of bounds, In matter of fact I'm often, unintentionally mixing languages, especially when tired or early in the morning.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, GusMac said:

Glad you managed to fathom the Farquhar reference Wumm. :D

Always Gus

When my Kids were little we had a Couple living next door from Glasgow, she and my Partner became best Pals. So you had to keep up, or they'd get up to allsorts together, especially after a wee Dram.

Steve

• Like 2

On 12/7/2018 at 12:04 AM, GusMac said:

We actually use voice recognition at work for dictating patient reports and it works very well and learns pretty quickly if it makes the same error more than a couple of times. I once mistakenly tried to use it on one of my Indian colleague's log-ins - that didn't end well!

LIke Ford's Sync, it does NOT get the South African accent AT ALL. 

• Like 1

I'd love to do the US at some time Ernie. Maybe a plan for retirement.

Given the number of different dialects and accents we have here just in Scotland, I'm intrigued by the number of variations there must be in a state as big as Texas.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 6:05 AM, Clunkmeister said:

Y’all got on over to Texas. We’ll show y’all a dialect. Yaint beenere yet? Wayell we’re fixinta hayndle thayatt y’all. 

Love the Scottish elevator. :)

Once I was travelling with a rented Jeep with Texas license plates from New Orleans to North Carolina and while entering a State Park in Kitty Hawk was asked by the ranger, "Hell, you got Texas plates but y' have teeth in your mouth and y' know your English, y' ain't no Texans" :rofl:

Cheers Rob

• Like 1

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, DocRob said:

Once I was travelling with a rented Jeep with Texas license plates from New Orleans to North Carolina and while entering a State Park in Kitty Hawk was asked by the ranger, "Hell, you got Texas plates but y' have teeth in your mouth and y' know your English, y' ain't no Texans" :rofl:

Cheers Rob

We say that about Arkansas.

“An Arkansas Dentist must be one seriously lonely individual”, or “What do you get when you have a stadium full of people in Arkansas?  One full set of teeth”.

• Like 2