The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

HPH L-39

Squirrel!!!! My B-25 is still my main focus, but I am going to get started on this resin bird.  Its HPH's beautiful L-39.   Ernie finally talked me into going resin.  I went with the L-39 because it's a type I've flown and its always held a neat place in my heart because of how and why I got to fly it.  For now I'll just be cleaning the parts and removing pour stubs.  I haven't fully decided on which scheme yet, but quite possibly the one I flew.

20181209_080216.jpg

20181209_080751.jpg

20181209_080733.jpg

• Like 9

Guest DannyVM

Looking forward to your build. I also have this nice bird in my stash, so i'm all ears in how you will tackle this nice little gem.

Regards

Danny

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I never saw this till today, Tony. This is one big and super fast squirrel. :)

You’ll do your normal exquisite, super clean work on this one as well, my friend. HPH kits have a built in power to amaze and absolutely frustrate you. Simultaneously. But when done, you’ll have an exquisite model of one of the world’s most beautiful jets.

come to think of it, Aero Vodochody blessed us with what? 3,000 of these beautiful jets over the years? And improved versions of them are being produced today with no end in sight.  

And no mainstream IM kit in 1/32...   Blasphemy! Treasonous! Conspiracy!

• Like 5

Guest DannyVM

Any news on the Albatros Tony??

On 12/30/2018 at 2:21 AM, Clunkmeister said:

come to think of it, Aero Vodochody blessed us with what? 3,000 of these beautiful jets over the years? And improved versions of them are being produced today with no end in sight.

Love to see a L-159 ALCA in 1/32 released Ernie, that would be awesome.:wub:

• Administrators
2 hours ago, DannyVM said:

Any news on the Albatros Tony??

Love to see a L-159 ALCA in 1/32 released Ernie, that would be awesome.:wub:

Danny, I’d do a happy dance around my dining room table. Naked. On stilts. Picking my banjo. With the blinds closed though. 

Why we have no decent modern L-39 family in IM is way, way beyond my pay grade. It’s a small jet, used in every corner of the world, and is gorgeous no matter what angle you view it from

• Like 2