The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

• Administrators

Hi all,

finally finished the Fokker E.III in Max Immellmann's 'colors'.

Since he was awarded the Blue Max medal, I placed a replica of the Pour le Merite on the base.

I have added HGW seatbelts. A wooden prop (by Douglas Craner). Bob's Buckles and EZ line.

Now, on with the DH.9a!

Cheers,

Jeroen

1F80646D-C839-472A-8B84-46F28EE523B2-568

6935F5B9-B4B4-4476-A826-0ABAC75984C0-568

DSC04063_zps58905152.jpg

DSC04061_zps6616a526.jpg

DSC04058_zpsc56f67c7.jpg

DSC04057_zpsddc3a7e0.jpg

• Like 6

• Administrators

Jeroen, did I ever tell you that I hate you.

Your talent hacks me off. Your posts fill me with envy and I throw my own projects against the wall immediately afterwards! ;)

Seriously, this is bloody superb. I really am very envious of this. It's without a doubt the best Eindecker I've seen to date. You must be real proud of that one.  :respect:

• Like 2

• Administrators

Jeroen, did I ever tell you that I hate you.

Your talent hacks me off. Your posts fill me with envy and I throw my own projects against the wall immediately afterwards! ;)

Seriously, this is bloody superb. I really am very envious of this. It's without a doubt the best Eindecker I've seen to date. You must be real proud of that one.  :respect:

Hate U2! But only because you drink Cava. 

Cheers buddy!

I'm getting jaded by the number of times I say "amazing" or "wonderful" or "superb" Jeroen.   Each completed model raises your personal bar further and further - here's another great one for the collection mate !

What's next? Something a little more modern or are you still gripped by the WnW's bug?

• Like 1

Hate U2! But only because you drink Cava. 

Cheers buddy!

Cavia? How do you liquefy such an endearing rodent?

guinea_pig_in_a_wine_glass_post_card-r7e415dfb787940e8bddbb8477b0a930c_vgbaq_8byvr_512.jpg

All silliness aside (yes, I know the drink misses the i...), Jeroen, I really like your model. The weathering and most of all the aluminium "cringles"!

And I won't say anything about the size of the base..... 

shutup.gif

saintly.gif

• Like 3

• Administrators

Cavia? How do you liquefy such an endearing rodent?

attachicon.gifguinea_pig_in_a_wine_glass_post_card-r7e415dfb787940e8bddbb8477b0a930c_vgbaq_8byvr_512.jpg

All silliness aside (yes, I know the drink misses the i...), Jeroen, I really like your model. The weathering and most of all the aluminium "cringles"!

And I won't say anything about the size of the base..... 

Dammit! I knew you had to mention the base! I just didn't see it first time reading your post!

This ones' for you. Watch the whole freakin thing!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is what it's all about for me:

DSC04057_zpsddc3a7e0.jpg

History, courage, skill, engineering, design, and a high level of craftsmanship and artistry, all from one little vignette. From the original aircraft's creators and builders, to the pilots and crew, to the design team for this model kit straight through to the modeler himself. The draped Blue Max really seals it all together perfectly, IMO.

One of my favorite builds, Jeroen.

• Like 3

• 5 months later...