The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

I must be crazy, B-24J on the bench.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2018 at 10:24 PM, Clunkmeister said:

That nose gear strut is gonna be hating life in a bit....

Nice work so far...

I'm thinking of going the old Monogram route and fabricating a boarding ladder to hold up the tail.

Tim W

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2019 at 12:50 PM, 1to1scale said:

Small update. Spent a lot of time doing research on the radios, oxygen systems, lighting, and wiring on the aircraft. I also started cleaning up the 16 various Oxygen bottles and 14 misc radios I ordered from Resin2Detail. Next step is to start detailing them.

The Resin2detail stuff is brilliant!  That's where I got my radios and O2 tanks.   I've been following this build...got some great ideas!  I'm doing "Going My Away" (at least until some decals come out that distract me).  I have replacement turrets on the way, too.

Cheers,

Tim W.

2 hours ago, timw said:

The Resin2detail stuff is brilliant!  That's where I got my radios and O2 tanks.   I've been following this build...got some great ideas!  I'm doing "Going My Away" (at least until some decals come out that distract me).  I have replacement turrets on the way, too.

Cheers,

Tim W.

I definitely want to see pictures when you get them. So far the pictures don't look promising.

• Like 1

Hey 1to1 

When you get around to building your landing gear watch out for this area on the main gear.

20190228_125019.jpgIt's a weak point and needs to be reinforced. I wish Aeroscale would make those parts out of brass it would resolve the issue.

20190301_140805.jpgThis is what I did to fix mine, it's not prototypical but it works.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, CrankyCrafstman said:

Hey 1to1 

When you get around to building your landing gear watch out for this area on the main gear.

20190228_125019.jpgIt's a weak point and needs to be reinforced. I wish Aeroscale would make those parts out of brass it would resolve the issue.

20190301_140805.jpgThis is what I did to fix mine, it's not prototypical but it works.

Looks good!

On 3/21/2019 at 4:51 PM, 1to1scale said:

I definitely want to see pictures when you get them. So far the pictures don't look promising.

• 1 year later...