The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

What is on your bench right now ? Share a picture :)

Martinnfb

No pictures yet, but I'm working on one of Andy's big Shermans....the Korean war/ late one ...doing marking #3 korean war model with the most

Late updates. Got a lot of the hull done...cool, mostly nice fit...and best of all, It's big! Anyway perhaps some pictures later...a bunch of gray plastic!

It's been a long time since I've built anything....I've been in a kind of a slump

with health problems... And new responsibilities hindering my building time.

Building today has really cheered me up and I hope to show some building

progress instead of just my purchases....Although, I DO love collecting kits.

Finding oop kits ( especially Takom) is a a pleasant pastime.

You may have seen my Kitlinx post. Well, the purchase , was from a collection. Of a kit I've been chasing down for a while. That is a Takom

"2-in-1" WWI Mk IV kit that's been out-of-stock everywhere for some time.

Well, thanks;

Paul

I've added a picture of the Kitlinx kit.....hope I'll actually get it.

Cool kit...love the post-war freikorps markings...might try to do

this.

tak-2076_medium_kindlephoto-4907286.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, belugawhaleman said:

No pictures yet, but I'm working on one of Andy's big Shermans....the Korean war/ late one ...doing marking #3 korean war model with the most

Late updates. Got a lot of the hull done...cool, mostly nice fit...and best of all, It's big! Anyway perhaps some pictures later...a bunch of gray plastic!

It's been a long time since I've built anything....I've been in a kind of a slump

with health problems... And new responsibilities hindering my building time.

Building today has really cheered me up and I hope to show some building

progress instead of just my purchases....Although, I DO love collecting kits.

Finding oop kits ( especially Takom) is a a pleasant pastime.

You may have seen my Kitlinx post. Well, the purchase , was from a collection. Of a kit I've been chasing down for a while. That is a Takom

"2-in-1" WWI Mk IV kit that's been out-of-stock everywhere for some time.

Well, thanks;

Paul

I've added a picture of the Kitlinx kit.....hope I'll actually get it.

Cool kit...love the post-war freikorps markings...might try to do

this.

tak-2076_medium_kindlephoto-4907286.jpg

Nice choice. I would like to build one also. Lots of bolts and rivets to weather :)

• Like 2

Just assembled this one.  A South Carolina gun manufacturer put out their own version of the Glock 19 since the patent times out on the Glock design.   I bought the complete lower frame for $50.  Shopped for the options I wanted on my slide and ordered it last week.  Of course they had the same on the red dot and I had to get that one too.  All in about $550

CrvYBq.jpg

• Like 5

On 11/1/2023 at 9:33 AM, ScottsGT said:

Just assembled this one.  A South Carolina gun manufacturer put out their own version of the Glock 19 since the patent times out on the Glock design.   I bought the complete lower frame for $50.  Shopped for the options I wanted on my slide and ordered it last week.  Of course they had the same on the red dot and I had to get that one too.  All in about $550

CrvYBq.jpg

How do you find the 19? I've only tried the 17 and found it kicked a bit more than expected. I thing it was mostly the weight or lack of it. I had a much easier time using a 1911with the recoil. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlrwestSiR said:

How do you find the 19? I've only tried the 17 and found it kicked a bit more than expected. I thing it was mostly the weight or lack of it. I had a much easier time using a 1911with the recoil. 

🤷‍♂️ haven’t even loaded it yet!   Of course I haven’t been to a range in almost two years.  I need to work on that.  
I will say that PSA has “corrected” the grip angle feel with the Dagger vs the Glock.  Points more natural like a 1911 ( my favorite BTW).  
I also have a Glock 17 that I use as my silencer host.  Yea, it’s far from silent like Hollywood would like to make people think. 

• Like 3

Try to get back into the modelling flow and start different projects. Today, I thought a bit of figure painting would do me some good and prepared a resin bust from Scale 75, called the Abyssmal. The grinding tool on the pic was very helpful with grinding the parts to fit, along a mask, naturally. I will test my figure airbrushing abilities with this, using my new Giraldez edition H&S Infinity gun. This thing is huge and heavy, but the cast is very fine detailed and will be a joy to paint.

IMG_1502.thumb.JPG.9d7642003d6a00730df9636cd6ff016f.JPG

IMG_1503.thumb.JPG.545b139cd6e66d2e4990b79a1665c6ff.JPG

Cheers Rob

• Like 6

14 hours ago, DocRob said:

Try to get back into the modelling flow and start different projects. Today, I thought a bit of figure painting would do me some good and prepared a resin bust from Scale 75, called the Abyssmal. The grinding tool on the pic was very helpful with grinding the parts to fit, along a mask, naturally. I will test my figure airbrushing abilities with this, using my new Giraldez edition H&S Infinity gun. This thing is huge and heavy, but the cast is very fine detailed and will be a joy to paint.

IMG_1502.thumb.JPG.9d7642003d6a00730df9636cd6ff016f.JPG

IMG_1503.thumb.JPG.545b139cd6e66d2e4990b79a1665c6ff.JPG

Cheers Rob

Nice way to get the modeling mojo flowing again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Not sure what I was thinking but I've got one kingpin drilled for posable steering. 

PXL_20231107_001642637_MP.thumb.jpg.2e13d6eb1582b5c90dd3f11c823b6bd6.jpg

Thunder Models has really crammed in a lot of detail on something so small. 

PXL_20231107_000038076.thumb.jpg.fee5f106d67ca38247c538975c33301d.jpg

PXL_20231107_000031847.thumb.jpg.a44eeb778e27e89150901cbe3bec767b.jpg

PXL_20231107_005611296.thumb.jpg.4ae8241235aec1f48d27fe82a1d0b3db.jpg

Carl

Pretty neat project - are you working on a diorama or vignette?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Been working on one of Andy's big Shermans . Really not much to show

yet...working on the suspension units and lower hull.  Now, is it me or

does Takom always have the maximum amount of sprue connections per

part as possible? I mean, get out the  nippers, x-acto knife, and sanding sticks......It's Takom! Sorry, just venting, really...it's part of the hobby!

It's been about a week and I'm still on step four.  Well anyway, the kit is pretty cool and I'm glad I'm building something for a change. Well, shown

is one of the six suspension units. They don't actually work, they oscillate

a bit, the shock doesn't telescope nor do the volute springs compress.

It would be cool, I think, if the aftermarket would provide working replacements. Shown is an example of one of the units. I'm really looking

forward to some more time to work on this kit!

Paul

DSCN1284_kindlephoto-67566662.jpg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, belugawhaleman said:

The non working suspensions are a bit of a letdown, I think. Even my 1/35 Meng Sherman has metal coils for the suspension system. You are absolutely right Paul, about the Takom sprue connections. There are plenty and they are relatively strong, but it's easy to clean them, at least it was on my 1/16 tankette.

Cheers Rob

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Carl

Pretty neat project - are you working on a diorama or vignette?

Peter, no plans yet really. Probably something to display beside my B-17 whenever I get to that kit. Supposedly Thunder Models is coming out with bomb trailers soon to go with the tractor. 

• Like 2

part as possible? I mean, get out the  nippers, x-acto knife, and sanding sticks......It's Takom! Sorry, just venting, really...it's part of the hobby!

It's been about a week and I'm still on step four.  Well anyway, the kit is pretty cool and I'm glad I'm building something for a change. Well, shown

It would be cool, I think, if the aftermarket would provide working replacements. Shown is an example of one of the units. I'm really looking

Paul

Interesting that they don't work but it does help keep the cost down on the kit.

It looks like the suspension in the M10 and Achilles kits will work though but that's a different design. 

• Like 3

Paul

Paul

Completely agree - for a kit in such a large scale, the suspension units should be a working part.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, DocRob said:

The non working suspensions are a bit of a letdown, I think. Even my 1/35 Meng Sherman has metal coils for the suspension system. You are absolutely right Paul, about the Takom sprue connections. There are plenty and they are relatively strong, but it's easy to clean them, at least it was on my 1/16 tankette.

Cheers Rob

The suspension on the big Rc Tamiya 1/16 Sherman does work, and the bits are metal. Built that one about 20 years ago..its still languishing at

my Moms house together with my Big Tamiya Pershing. Both need restoration... They both lost their turret mounted machine guns when

carelessly packed for a move. Those parts are available... So maybe I'll

get around to that sometime. I haven't run them in years.

The Takom Tankette is a great kit...a fun build I have another one

In my stash that has the Japanese camouflage ...three colors at

least and that crazy yellow strip thing the Japanese added..

• Like 3