The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

A quick hello from (far) western Europe ....

HubertB

Arrived this morning, for one week vacation, in Europe’s westernmost town ...

Exactly mid-way between Lisbon and Newfoundland...

This is my view for the next 7 evenings ... If you get on your toes, you might glimpse the Statue of Liberty, 3 600 kms from here ;)

Hubert

i-Gw95Dbh-338x450.jpg

PS : the town is called Fajā Grande, on the west coast of Flores Island, one of the Azores islands.

• Like 8

Enjoy your time there, must be a nice place to be. Never visited the Azores, but have been on Madeira, a place I really liked, despite being to crowded. My westmost Canarian Island home shares a lot with some places on the Azores I guess, It is full of wild, mostly undisturbed nature, it's not crowded and the Tuna is fresh from the sea. 

Greetings fro Europes south western point

Cheers Rob

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Hubert, are you sere you're not in Africa ?  :)

aztec.jpg

Enjoy your vacation .

Martin

No, I’m on the North American plate, west of the Mid-Atlantic ridge. Legally still Europe, though ...

H7bert

• Like 3

Meh...  Islands!   To get anywhere you need to buy airline tickets.  When I was stationed on Oahu I found it depressing that if I went on a three hour drive I arrived back at my starting point.  But hot chics did abound!

Okinawa...  We were advised not to do anything to anger the JP's lest we find ourselves hoping the State Department could do something about changing a steady diet of fish heads and rice.  After a six month deployment there (including the NTA night navigation course) I was feeling my Robinson Crusoe-itis at full force.

Enjoy your stay!

• Like 3

On 5/10/2019 at 10:28 AM, GazzaS said:

Meh...  Islands!   To get anywhere you need to buy airline tickets.  When I was stationed on Oahu I found it depressing that if I went on a three hour drive I arrived back at my starting point.  But hot chics did abound!

Enjoy your stay!

It takes less than 3 hours to drive around Flores, which is roughly 15 x 10 kms ;) ...

This said, it’s absolutely enjoyable if you like wild, preserved nature, flowers, birds, volcanoes and waterfalls :) . Fairly different from Ibiza, as an island :thumbsup2:

Hubert

• Like 4