The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Thread now redundant.

19 minutes ago, krow113 said:

Modelling for other peeps is nowheresville.

Do it for your self or don't do it at all.

Its a cruel world mothafer.

I recently completed a little Spitfire for a child. If I don't have a goal outside myself I cannot do it. I have been trying for 3 years.

People Don't have to care. Anyone can put me on ignore.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, krow113 said:

Its a cruel world mothafer.

I know. I've had 31 broken bones, a ruptured kidney, terminal cancer and my own mother tried to strangle me, chemical induced insanity etc etc...

My mistake was this, I should have approached my mates via PM. I am re-learning how to live ATM. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Sir Desmond Glazebrook said:

I know. I've had 31 broken bones, a ruptured kidney, terminal cancer and my own mother tried to strangle me, chemical induced insanity etc etc...

My mistake was this, I should have approached my mates via PM. I am re-learning how to live ATM. 

Geez man... That's a lot to have had to cope with.

Take care..

Glad you've found a hobby and a great forum to escape in. I know i do!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JeroenPeters said:

Geez man... That's a lot to have had to cope with.

Take care..

Glad you've found a hobby and a great forum to escape in. I know i do!

It's okay. Everyone has problems. My main concern now is keeping my mind together to complete a large scale model. 

Two of my mates are gonna give me a hard time if I stray from my current build. As I said to Harv yesterday, I have been modelling consistently for 3 years and have completed 2 1/48 kits, and 1 1/72 kit.

Back in the days when I was on T.V alot and had people bowing to me in numerous martial arts schools, I began to feel a bit arrogant, but also wondering what I had done to deserve it. At that time I began to put my own ego on hold. I am quite happy to ask questions, show my ignorance etc etc.

Men are weird. He-man macho BS has never been something I admired. Actions mean more. The guy telling a man who survived a terminal cancer and lived on the fine edge of life and death for 31 straight months, cannot understand.

I beat terminal cancer and became the # 1 case study in an experimental drug test and 290 chemo treatments, 34 via lumbar punctures. That's how tough I really am. I am also weak in many ways.

I can say for certain I have lost intelligence over the past few years. Not that I was ever a genius. :D

• Like 1

Hello Dale..You have gone through a lot. you promised your  niece your be here to see her grow up... so you did. 

enjoying your tea and coffee hopefully!

You have taught a lot if people how to drum    you have played with famous people ..known lots of famous drummers .. you have indeed gone through a lot. Harvey, Ernie ,Geoff ,Martin  and I and many others here  know you from LSP .... and what you went through...

if your brain is able to cope with the stress of modeling then do it otherwise just take it easy Mate. 

so heres Dale's little "history"

Watch "Chemo Drummer Solo Episode.1" on YouTube

Paiste: Artists-> Jeff Doukakis (Bio) ...

Dale is mentioned. as he taught Jeff Doukakis.

http://www.paiste.com/e/endorser_det.php?page=bio&endorserid=5048

Episode 10 is special."from a podcast. 

Dale Cleary is probably not someone that you’ve heard of. I met Dale when I was working at Drum City, and he was teaching in the studios out the back. Dale is probably one of the best teachers that I know, especially with young students. He’s managed to get results with his students that blow my mind! So I wanted to tell his story. As I got to know Dale more he started to tell me little stories about his upbringing, his martial arts, his playing and his teaching, and he’s in the running for the most interesting man alive. But one of the big pieces of motivation was the fact that for a while there it looked like we were going to lose Dale. He’d been diagnosed with a particularly aggressive form of Leukaemia, and it was touch and go for a while, which he talks about in the interview. We also cover a lot about education, teaching, the future.."

Dale Buddy,

HAPPY  CHRISTMAS  and heres  to many more and keep well and hope your health continues to get better and you continue to enjoy Life.

MARU 5137.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thanks Marus. :)

The basic fact of the matter is I have brain damage. The chemo I wss on is the only chemo that causes tissue damage to the brain. I had it 290 times. The result of the brain damage leads me to do things, such as make this thread public, that I would not usually do. As a result I have become intensely self conscious. Which leads me to apologize or try to explain myself. 

I should not be on the internet. 

Merry Christmas to you too. :thumbsup2:

• Like 2