The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

HpH + Plastic = Infinity?

Artful69

So apparently ... HpH are moving into the plastic arena (Infinity Models) ... and Heinz (the bearer of HpH news) has provided a list of subjects to be kitted ...

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235064691-infinity-models/

I like the idea of the Val ... but wish they'd get onto a Kate also (unless they have wind that someone ELSE is already onto that one??? ... There's a Beaufighter Mk.X in there too ...

... as well as as an A-20 Havoc ...

Does this mean HGW is reverting back to HpH with the G casting?? - theres been no news for some time ... or are we getting HpH making the earlier variants??

Rog :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I like the idea of them moving to short-run IM kits. And I have seen some great news in the list, like the Wyvern or the SM 79. 

One little more effort, and release the C-47 as an injection-molded DC-3, cheaper than the resin kit, please Infinity Models ;)

Hubert

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

Hmmm. I can see the advantage from a sales perspective no doubt. But will the extra sales offset the much larger development costs?

The technology involved is short-run molds. They can be developed from the traditional masters HpH used for their resin kits. And selling 1000 units is no doubt better than selling 100 to 300. Especially as the cost of silicone molds is repeated as these molds wear out quickly ...

27 minutes ago, TJTX said:

I will buy the C-47 if it comes out plastic in a heart beat.   I've wanted that kit so much but I can't reason spending the money on the resin version. 

I am with you Tony. I wanted a DC-3. I might even have bought a C-47 kit to make it into a DC-3, but not at 700 € (European price including VAT)

Hubert

• Like 4

• Administrators

Hum... For me sounds good... For much I enjoy HpH choices, they are quite expensive... I couldnt resist the Catalina Cutway and their Hornet but that was it... Unfortunally I let go the he-111 Cutway conversion... :(

So, Ifinity is a good news.

Fran

• Like 3

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Wumm said:

The SM79 came up in conversation here recently, so that's a positive. 

I must admit, I never thought we'd see a 1/32 IM kit of her. Good times!

Last year, in Telford (2018), Hph had the Sm-79 mock up in display.

Now On plastic probably will be less expensive.

• Like 2