The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Revell Bf-110. Anyone know this kit? Thoughts?

4 hours ago, Sir Desmond Glazebrook said:

Hi guys. My hobby shop has the 1/32 110. Is this kit good?

Thanks.

3 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Dale, if it's a Bf-110C, it's the Dragon kit re-boxed. The Dragon kit is great and builds up very nicely. 

Hope that helps. 

Carl

Hey Hang-about!! ... Not necessarily so!!!

Revell originally made a DOG of a Bf.110 C-4 kit ... I know ... because I tried (and utterly failed) to make that son of a &^%$# fit ... Please DO be careful before purchasing ... make sure its the new release C-2/C-7 kit ... THAT one shall the Dragon rebox be!!

Rog :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Sir Desmond Glazebrook said:

It is around 150. I can get a 20% discount. :thumbsup2:

Mind you, I just got 19 models. :blink:

How many can I really build??? :unsure:

Put the rest aside ... Get the Dragon ... er Revell kit and Johns (AIMS) G-4 conversion ... time for some night action!! :2guns:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Artful69 said:

Hey Hang-about!! ... Not necessarily so!!!

Revell originally made a DOG of a Bf.110 C-4 kit ... I know ... because I tried (and utterly failed) to make that son of a &^%$# fit ... Please DO be careful before purchasing ... make sure its the new release C-2/C-7 kit ... THAT one shall the Dragon rebox be!!

Thanks Rog for the clarification. I didn't know they had an earlier release. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Thanks Rog for the clarification. I didn't know they had an earlier release. 

Yep ... I believe it comes from the same era as their Beaufighter, Mosquito etc (60's??) ... been repoped that many time the moulds have mutated ...  They also did a G-4 which was about as much fun ... challenging ... B%$# busting painful to put together as the C-4.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/6/2020 at 5:38 PM, Wumm said:

This is the newer boxing Dale...

Hope the one in your local shop isn't $170 like the one in mine!

If you're looking for this one a wee bit cheaper ... Frontline has it for $150 with free domestic shipping to your door ... less than O/S purchase plus shipping.

https://www.frontlinehobbies.com.au/revell-1-32-messerschmitt-bf110-c-7

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

I'll mention the absolute obvious to many of us in the know, but if Dale hasn't seen the kit, he may get bit..

Dale, the Dragon kit has an instruction booklet that is legendary in it's ability to lead modelers into traps.

Absolutely 100%, do NOT build the kit withouit downloading Brett Green's errata list for the instructions.  Some brave soul managed to sort out tyhe instruction issues and managed to document it as well, which led Brett Green to publish it.

It is REQUIRED when building this kit, and it will save your build. Many parts have placement that is vague in the instructions, and many of the nacelle components are handed, a little fact that is missed entirely by the instructions.

http://www.hyperscale.com/2008/features/bf110c732erratabg_1.htm

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 1/7/2020 at 1:47 AM, [CAT]CplSlade said:

Sorry about the price for some of you guys; it is about $60 US here.

It's deliciously ironic...

The Toy chain where I took that photo used to stock Dragon kits, but recently got rid of them all; because, as I was told by an Employee "Dragon doubled their prices overnight." One store used to have hundreds, literally a wall of Dragon kits, mostly Armour. Well, now the Revell re-box of the '110 is more expensive there than the Dragon one ever was.

$60 US is roughly $85 AuD... Add our tax and shipping and it's double what you guys pay.

S

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

I'll mention the absolute obvious to many of us in the know, but if Dale hasn't seen the kit, he may get bit..

Dale, the Dragon kit has an instruction booklet that is legendary in it's ability to lead modelers into traps.

Absolutely 100%, do NOT build the kit withouit downloading Brett Green's errata list for the instructions.  Some brave soul managed to sort out tyhe instruction issues and managed to document it as well, which led Brett Green to publish it.

It is REQUIRED when building this kit, and it will save your build. Many parts have placement that is vague in the instructions, and many of the nacelle components are handed, a little fact that is missed entirely by the instructions.

Brilliant! Thanks mate. So very useful. :thumbsup2:

I have a sneaking suspicion I will have both a 110 and Skyraider tomorrow.  :lol:

We only live once, and to quote the late great Louis Jordan, "when you're dead you're done." :D

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wumm said:

It's deliciously ironic...

The Toy chain where I took that photo used to stock Dragon kits, but recently got rid of them all; because, as I was told by an Employee "Dragon doubled their prices overnight." One store used to have hundreds, literally a wall of Dragon kits, mostly Armour. Well, now the Revell re-box of the '110 is more expensive there than the Dragon one ever was.

$60 US is roughly $85 AuD... Add our tax and shipping and it's double what you guys pay.

S

I'll add to that irony ...

Frontline are selling the Revell boxing of the Dragon for $150 ... They are selling Dragons most recent boxing of the C-7 for $130 :D

11 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

Ern ...

That instruction sheet itself is now legendary ...

It came on the first edition/release of the C-7 kit ... all over the place like a mad woman's breakfast ... You are quite correct in that Brett Greens "Erata" download also became legendary at the same time.

One thing about Dragon that you can give them credit for - and other large production manufacturers should take note of ... when the "community" draws their attention to an error (shape, panel lines, rivets etc) ... they'll usually have a good crack at fixing the issue! ... such was the effort with the instruction sheet for the Bf.110 and therefore subsequent boxings of variants - and indeed, re-releases of the C-7 had the amended sheet. It is always good to refer to the erata sheet, though ... just in case you've snagged and earlier edition from somewhere ... Revell's instructions for the kit, I believe, have been checked and certified as "ok" by the community.

Of course one particular episode in Dragons history where feedback was completely ignored was with their P.51-D ... Maybe they saw the Tamiya and ZM offerings and thought the effort wasn't worth the competition?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Artful69 said:

I'll add to that irony ...

Frontline are selling the Revell boxing of the Dragon for $150 ... They are selling Dragons most recent boxing of the C-7 for $130 :D

Ern ...

That instruction sheet itself is now legendary ...

It came on the first edition/release of the C-7 kit ... all over the place like a mad woman's breakfast ... You are quite correct in that Brett Greens "Erata" download also became legendary at the same time.

One thing about Dragon that you can give them credit for - and other large production manufacturers should take note of ... when the "community" draws their attention to an error (shape, panel lines, rivets etc) ... they'll usually have a good crack at fixing the issue! ... such was the effort with the instruction sheet for the Bf.110 and therefore subsequent boxings of variants - and indeed, re-releases of the C-7 had the amended sheet. It is always good to refer to the erata sheet, though ... just in case you've snagged and earlier edition from somewhere ... Revell's instructions for the kit, I believe, have been checked and certified as "ok" by the community.

Of course one particular episode in Dragons history where feedback was completely ignored was with their P.51-D ... Maybe they saw the Tamiya and ZM offerings and thought the effort wasn't worth the competition?

That’s funny, I remember when Dragon was clearing these out a couple years ago and at one point you could buy three version for about $30, you can still find them selling today for $60. I gave away a few as gifts and kept one of each for myself. And the later boxing still have errors in the sheets, that’s something Dragon wants to stay famous for. 

• Like 2

• Administrators

The Dragon 110s are all brilliant kits in so many ways. Accurate and precise to build when the correct parts are actually placed in the proper spots. I’ve yet to see a bad looking build from one of those kits, and the worst issue I found with it was the tedium of masking that blasted greenhouse. 

I have one I’d like to use Pastor John’s conversion on, but have yet to do so. Plus someday I’d love to do an early Eastern Front version as well.

My issue there is finding the online instructions for the Pastor John stuff. I’ve got two 110s and an 88 G conversion that I just can’t find what I need.  

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

My issue there is finding the online instructions for the Pastor John stuff. I’ve got two 110s and an 88 G conversion that I just can’t find what I need.  

Ernie, Pastor John usually includes a CD with the instructions on it for his more complicated  conversion sets. Hopefully I included it with the set I sold you. I'll take a look around just in case. 

As for the Dragon  110 instructions, I found the Hyperscale errata page still missed a couple things when I built mine last year. Having read through the Revell instructions (they're online thankfully for download) they've corrected most of the mistakes. 

Heres's what I found that the Hyperscale errata page missed:

-There's wasn't any mention of the incorrect placement of the belly gun tray and a couple of the cockpit bulkheads.

-The engine covers have the clear inserts for the instruments but they're not mentioned.

-Also the tailwheel has to go on after the tailplanes and tail fairing are joined to the fuselage. The Revell instructions miss this bit too. 

-I still don't get the approach either company uses for installing the engine cowls but that's probably me. 

I'd say if you have the Dragon kit, print out the Revell instructions and use those. 

Carl

• Like 4