The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Show us your stash!!!! Win a date with the movie star of choice.

3 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Carl...........what can I say, that’s not a stash it’s a retail store that’s.........I’ll leave it there........does the SWMBO ever venture in....:respect:

She occasionally goes in to check on me and make sure I'm not trapped under a pile of models. :lol:

As I've mentioned previously, the biggest threat is my two boys coming down and picking kits to build. 

3 hours ago, Sir Desmond Glazebrook said:

Indeed. The best model shop ever!!! :lol:

I once saw a collection that had 5,000 kits in it and pics of a 10,000 one.  Thankfully my LHS bought the latter one and are slowly putting it up for sale. 

• Like 3

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Sir Desmond Glazebrook said:

1/32 Ki-100!??? :icon_eek:

Ernie, where do you get this sort of stuff?

Most was bought when available new. Some is traded for, and others are purchased. I’ve let much of my mainstream IM kits go, and have concentrated on resin and limited edition stuff. Like the Fisher kits. As good or better than any IM kits out there, but are very limited, and resin. Plus, today, they’re unavailable unless you wish to pay huge eBay prices.  

Dale, deals are out there though. Example, I bought a Fisher “Red Baron” racer kit for $165.00, which was less than the kit sold for new. But it was basically “Johnny on the Spot” when it was listed.

Theres a Fisher Panther on there now, but they want 300+ US for it, and the kit was 180.00 brand new.  Same with the F7U Cutlass, the ugliest carrier fighter jet aircraft ever built, and it sold for 400.00+ US. It was under 300 new.

Just watch, and when something comes available, bid like you want to win it. BIN if possible.

Or, just wait till I croak. Smitty and Harv will dispose of them...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ok so ... today I sorted out one side of the room ... 1/24 kits, Tamiya 1/32, ZM 1/32, General WWII Allied 1/32, SBY 2199 and the current 1/32 RAAF designated collection. Missing - are the kits syphoned off for sale on eBay shortly.

hTqO9sb.jpg

Tomorrow I'll fix up the other side ...

Rog :)

• Like 3