The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Hobby boss 1.32 invader

Good evening 

Let me start by saying nobody wants to look the fool ,and I certainly don't, but I've been waiting for the 1.32 scale invader all my life and i know its coming, I've noticed that certain model shops around the world are now offering it ,Germany for 135 euros plus 15 euros transport and there are others ,Now there are two things here to bear in mind before i get to excited about being the proud owner of this aircraft model !

1.Why cant i get it in the uk and why isn't everyone here shouting about it ,you guys have all gone quite .

2 .I don't want to look the sucker because i cant wait( like little child )and purchase it from one of these guys on the continent or direct from China ,and find out I've been had and loose my money .

Love to hear every ones else's  advice and views 

• Like 5

I too am very interested in it but have decided to wait for some build reviews before I buy one (if I can hold out that long!). No matter who you buy it from, if you use PayPal, you won't be risking losing your money (as far as I know at this point).

Welcome to LSM!! Good bunch of folks here. :)

• Like 5

Hello john

Nice to hear from you ,read a lot of your conversations here on the site ,its taken me 4 years to write something !! But now i probably won't be able to stop .

I have pre booked the model now with the retail agent selling hobby boss here in the uk ,cost 129.99£ free shipping , who knows when it will turn up but i recon it could possibly be here with in the next 8 weeks .I see your comment about waiting to see a build review and I agree with you , but i think we all know now what to expect from this company and with that in mind, I am at this moment ,starting a Trumpeter mustang and again  I see slight fitting problems with design/detail  on this particular kit and other stuff they manufacture ,don't get me wrong ,in the end i am glad they are out there giving us things we want . 

So my conclusion is , when this model arrives i will put it away and wait for the after market boys to give us all those nice little extras and then make a start on it. 

• Like 5

I was waiting for this one as well, but unfortunately HB put the wrong engines in it - obviously a PW 2600 rather than a PW 2800, 14 vs. 18 cylinders (as can be seen on the HB website showing the sprues). So you need AM replacement engines  in the first place and hoping you can make them fit. But as you said, get it, sit down and wait for the AM guys to do their jobs - and hope they don't ignore it like they did with the Mirage 2000 so far.

Lothar

• Like 4

Hi Lothar

yes i seem to remember that one now , just about right ,so much money goes into tooling up and getting these things to market and they are meant to be authentic,then we have to correct them and spend more money doing so !

Again as you have said it might be sitting there a while before it gets made 

Edited by PAUL KLINSMANN
spelling
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, PAUL KLINSMANN said:

Hello john

Nice to hear from you ,read a lot of your conversations here on the site ,its taken me 4 years to write something !! But now i probably won't be able to stop .

I have pre booked the model now with the retail agent selling hobby boss here in the uk ,cost 129.99£ free shipping , who knows when it will turn up but i recon it could possibly be here with in the next 8 weeks .I see your comment about waiting to see a build review and I agree with you , but i think we all know now what to expect from this company and with that in mind, I am at this moment ,starting a Trumpeter mustang and again  I see slight fitting problems with design/detail  on this particular kit and other stuff they manufacture ,don't get me wrong ,in the end i am glad they are out there giving us things we want . 

So my conclusion is , when this model arrives i will put it away and wait for the after market boys to give us all those nice little extras and then make a start on it. 

Not a bad plan at all. I might do that too. :)

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 6/2/2020 at 2:20 AM, Lothar said:

I was waiting for this one as well, but unfortunately HB put the wrong engines in it - obviously a PW 2600 rather than a PW 2800, 14 vs. 18 cylinders (as can be seen on the HB website showing the sprues). So you need AM replacement engines  in the first place and hoping you can make them fit. But as you said, get it, sit down and wait for the AM guys to do their jobs - and hope they don't ignore it like they did with the Mirage 2000 so far.

Lothar

I certainly don’t understand the ignoring of the KH Mirage. It’s a crazy popular kit with all kinds of possibilities, and other than Eduard and Master goodies, it’s been completely overlooked by the AM guys.

The A-26 will certainly need plenty of AM...

• Like 2

My local IPMS club has a group buy on these, the president was promised the very first 5 kits to hit the US. We are hoping to see them next week. He came through on the B-24J’s when they came out, and this should be the same situation. However, they always seem to hit Europe before the US.

• Like 3

HI 121SCALE nice to hear from you .

l iam going to let you build yours first and then knowing what great modellers you are, i will be able to follow what you've done .But gents seriously i am so dubious about any of these products from the likes of these companies now ,I've spent the lock down just building and building.1st i built a Hong Kong models 335 , and what a good kit and a nice build this was .

Next 

Revell 109/Trumpeter 262/trumpeter P51/ ... these i can honestly say don't come anywhere near the hong kong quality and build , I feel the input regards design and research are not nearly enough .So have I learnt my lesson !!!!...yes .Now waiting in my stash , a Tamiya mustang / Eduard 108 / Hasagwa Storch /hong kong Mitchel / all good quality .

Conclusion .

Am I  looking forward to owning the invader ! Yes

But not feeling the vibes about the build or cost of correcting everything that comes with these  marks of products .

Hope i haven't upset any one with my humble views 

• Like 3

Glad you're here Paul............... this is a very cool place, with MEGA talent...... I come by here EVERY morning with my first coffee of the day, you will enjoy it here, lots of activity... and a friendly bunch for sure..

Jeff

• Like 3

Thank you Jeff ,very kind Sir 

Yes your correct about the talent here I enjoy seeing what these gents have done and some of the stuff is truly amazing .

Its great to still keep on learning ,even after 63 years at it ,wish i had got involved sooner .

• Like 2

17 hours ago, PAUL KLINSMANN said:

Thank you Jeff ,very kind Sir 

Yes your correct about the talent here I enjoy seeing what these gents have done and some of the stuff is truly amazing .

Its great to still keep on learning ,even after 63 years at it ,wish i had got involved sooner .

Boy well said, I am learning tons of new stuff, and it inspires me to step out of my comfort zone....