The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

I was shamed acquiring modeling supplies yesterday.

ScottsGT

So, while decanting spray cans, I have discovered that straws from McDonald's work best because they are much larger diameter that your average straw. So when I swung into the Mickey D's drive through yesterday I asked for a couple extra straws for the hobby stash.

Lady working the window gave me the stink eye and I got a "Umhuhh...I know what you're about to do...."  And then it dawned on my that cocaine users like the McDonald's straws as well for the larger diameter.  :icon_eek:   "Oh, no! I'm not doing that...LOL!!"  

"Oh yea honey, my son likes to put three straws into his cup too...."  Funny thing was there was a police car right behind me in line. 

FWIW, 30+ years ago when I was a much younger and naive man working in a body shop I always wondered why all these customers cars had cut up McDonald's straws in them.  :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Talk about progress. I remember when it was the little McD coffee stirrer spoons that's folks would use to put recreational substances up their nose. :lol:

Maybe it's just giving them a reason to discontinue straws and save a buck or two...

• Like 2

Try living in a state where straws are banned!!

I wanted to get a box of cocktail straws the really thin Long  ones so I can make 1/35 and 32nd scale bamboo!!!!    Nope can’t get them anymore.   Also had an incident like yours. 

went into a dive shop.  To grab some surgical tubing. They use it for spearguns and pole spears.   Asked for 2 feet of it.  They didn’t want to sell it to me. They thought I was using it to Tie My arm off for meth or herion use.  I told him it was for work. We use it between the Bunsen burner the gas supply.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, [CAT]CplSlade said:

I'm a bit fed up with the straw ban, considering it began with a project created by a young student who admitted to making up a number he thought sounded impressive.

My understanding it was based on a photo of a sea turtle with a straw in it's mouth?  

On the surgical tubing, RC and Aquarium tubing is to small  That's way I have to go to a Dive shop

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Vandy1 VX-4 said:

On the surgical tubing, RC and Aquarium tubing is to small  That's way I have to go to a Dive shop

Maybe flexible rubber gas tubes for propane/butane bottles are a solution. Here in Spain you can get these everywhere.

Cheers Rob

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...