Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

1/32 Tamiya P-51D "Blondie" complete

After five months, this joy of a kit is finally done. It's by far the best kit I've ever built and I loved ever step of the way, except maybe a few of the decals....should have used aftermarket

Sprayed priming coat of Tamiya X-18, then Citadel Mithril Silver and Chainmail. Brush coated the entire model with Future and then dirtied it up with first Flory Dark Dirt wash and then an oil paint wash.

• Kit manufacture: Tamiya
  • Scale: 1/32
  • Type: P-51D
  • Extras used: Barracuda cockpit markings
  • Paints and colours used: Tamiya Acrylics, Citadel Metallics (Mithril Silver, Chainmail and Boltgun Metal), Future (Brushed)

IMG_2176-1_zps5c41dc13.jpg

IMG_2169-1_zpsc1e6392a.jpg

IMG_2164-1_zps5b607788.jpg

IMG_2163-1_zps1012902d.jpg

IMG_2182-1_zpsdeca6730.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks Nick. It's tricky and takes practice but Future has really nice self-leveling capabilities. I use a 2cm wide chisel-shaped brush and try to minimize going over the same spot more than once. It gets sticky fast! Also, runs happen really easily so thin coats are key. I generally brush two to three coats, depending on the amount of gloss needed.

The tires are the kit tires. I test fitted the wheels on the struts, planning to use resin but then couldn't get the wheels off again! So I was forced to stick with the kit tires.

looks fantastic!

how was brush painting the Future on?

could you describe size of brush, number of coats etc?

are they kit tyres btw?

thanks for sharing

Nick