The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Sitting around on Thanksgiving, drinking and looking at Black Friday sales.

ScottsGT

The biggest challenge is shipping to Canada these days is not cheap. So stuff may be on sale but the shipping cost pretty much wipes out the savings and then some. 

For example the ZM Hs129 was $114 at Sprue Brothers but then $67 was the cheapest postage option. Then factor in a conversion rate of 1.3 and yeah, not such a great deal. 

At least the stash is full enough that I really don't need anything. 

Carl

• Like 5

19 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

The biggest challenge is shipping to Canada these days is not cheap. So stuff may be on sale but the shipping cost pretty much wipes out the savings and then some. 

For example the ZM Hs129 was $114 at Sprue Brothers but then $67 was the cheapest postage option. Then factor in a conversion rate of 1.3 and yeah, not such a great deal. 

Carl

We ALWAYS "need" model stuff, Carl.....  :rofl:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

As I drew a blank with the Cowboys game, bad team, bad deal, I nearly bit on a WNW Salmson, which was not discounted. But kept away from it, when I thought about flat wire rigging. I have a Camel and a Snipe in stash, that's enough of British flatliners ;), but the Japanese scheme...

Cheers Rob

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Not exactly 'Black Friday' related, but browsed the Aviattic website today and found that there were three 1/48 Gotha G.V from AZ/Hippo left, along with Aviattic night Lozenge, Gaspatch Parabellums and Lukgraph bombs. These were sold out the last times I searched and I had buried my hope to get one. Now there are only two left ;) and a gap has been closed for me, not being able to score a WNW Gotha G.IV. I know the build will be painful, but hey, sometimes I have to test myself.

Cheers Rob

• Like 5

Not much happening despite a banner year for everything hobby related, but I totally get it. After not coming up with much sale wise I headed over to Scale Hobbyist where their everyday prices are about the same as the sales I saw. Grabbed an A-6A and ICM Stearman. What really SUCKS is a Christmas without the suspense waiting for some new WNW plastic....really really sucks!

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

5 minutes ago, smitty44 said:

Not much happening despite a banner year for everything hobby related, but I totally get it. After not coming up with much sale wise I headed over to Scale Hobbyist where their everyday prices are about the same as the sales I saw. Grabbed an A-6A and ICM Stearman. What really SUCKS is a Christmas without the suspense waiting for some new WNW plastic....really really sucks!

These days US150 is a relative bargain for a WNW kit. I don't see the bubble ever bursting. I did recently pick up a Rumpler. My Christmas gif to myself.

On 11/26/2020 at 2:58 PM, BlrwestSiR said:

Carl

Carl, how bad is shipping within Canada? If/when the border ever opens, I have a niece is St. Catherines. Prior to Covid, I saw her fairly regularly...

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Bill_S said:

Carl, how bad is shipping within Canada? If/when the border ever opens, I have a niece is St. Catherines. Prior to Covid, I saw her fairly regularly...

Bill, shipping within Canada isn't too bad. I do it almost every day as part of my job. Sending a package about the size of a Tamiya kit is around $25 to Vancouver from Toronto. St Catharines would probably be in the $10 range as it's less than an hour from here driving. 

• Like 3