Jump to content

Fw190A-8 3/JG1 crash Vreeland


JeroenPeters

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, JeroenPeters said:

So I couldn’t really understand why Eduard did not produce the wingroot mg151 gun bays. Found Aires does so ordered it:

 

A1E0CE47-3C6A-4AA8-9D9F-4D0F2833A82D.jpeg

There is huge plastic box... somewhere in The Netherlands... which contains these parts... ;);)

 

All you had to do was send the new owner a message! ;)

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
3 hours ago, Rowdy said:

There is huge plastic box... somewhere in The Netherlands... which contains these parts... ;);)

 

All you had to do was send the new owner a message! ;)

Pffff.. this was made especially for the Revell kit so might need less surgery. On the other hand: it is Aires so might need more.

  • Like 5
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
16 hours ago, Wumm said:

You've really skipped along with some great work here Jeroen.

Ok, so can I ask... What have you used for the breather pipes between cylinder heads?

S

Thnx! I used 0,4mm greencard rod. Cut them to length as per instructions (6,1mm) and they fit tight and stay secured even without glue. 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, JeroenPeters said:

So i learned that the pushrods go in before you glue the cilinders. No problem to correct but it could have gone easier.

 

7836ADE9-583C-4014-B135-8FECFCB09274.jpeg

Wouldn't you want to paint the cylinders, pushrods and the like before fitting them? Reaching all those different colored items looks to me like being a pain in the sphincter after assembly....

As you may remember from the SIG-chat, my personal theory is that the cylinders were made of steel and painted black (so as not to rust) while the cylinder heads and valve covers were aluminium...

I know the American radial engines had black cooling baffles around the cylinders and atop the cylinder heads. In one of my books on the Fw 190, a restored museum engine had aluminium colored baffles fitted....

If that is accurate, the Americans probably used stamped sheet steel, painted black, while the Germans used stamped aluminium sheet?

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/11/2021 at 5:41 AM, JeroenPeters said:

Thnx! I used 0,4mm greencard rod. Cut them to length as per instructions (6,1mm) and they fit tight and stay secured even without glue. 

What company is the 0.4mm rod from? I can't find any that small anywhere. Smallest i can find is 0.5mm.

 

NB. Found some now. Plastruct do a 0.38mm rod :)

Edited by AlanG
Found some in the required size
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

A small break from the engine. Working on the gun bays. Made one mistake: i glued in the reinforcement spar on the lower wing. Dont use this part if you’re planning to install the gunbays. Carving it out now with the Dremel, since the glue won’t let go.

Not a big problem. Just a lot of extra work. In any case: you’ll have to sand the wing and resin down to the nitty gritty to make it fit...

 

9F441F3F-25C2-4EE1-9DF4-68441BE9B758.jpeg

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...