The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

SH Tempest Mk.II HIgh Tech Kit

9 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Thanks Rob

Maybe down the road but for now the kit just sucked the energy and desire out of me. It's at least not in the landfill but resting on the SOD.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

When I was doing the Yak-3 the WW were a PIA also I glued the first side together check fit sucked! applied more glue disassembled and got it 90/95% there.I give it a break Peter don't ditch think on it find the solution and resolve that's what we are good at.I had a doctor say I had a very abstract way of thinking when I solved this puzzle in  away that know one else had,the nurse had to ask is this acceptable?YES!It was after one of my seven concussions I have had head has been bloodied twice but skull intact part Neanderthal  methinks?:)

• Like 4

Kev

Seven concussions, OMG how did you get them"sports, work, ? Just glad you're OK.

The wheel wells frustrated me beyond my limit and I must have unglued them (the wonders of Tamiya Extra Thin) and still can't get them to work. I even tried assembling them upside down using the tracks/slots in the upper wings but then couldn't the wing halves together. The more I keep thinking about it, the more I know I want to finish he Tempest but need a break from the frustration and then I'll return to giving it a go once more.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Thanks Gaz

Yup, the kit is a Dog, no matter if it's a limited run or not. The real torment is the instructions and how they present the work to be done. If a kit can be over engineered, the instructions are 'under engineered' and just not user friendly at all. They need to be redone, showing clearly where and how parts attach and the orientation - that's half the battle.

I'm going to talk a good break from the tempest and then follow Kev's advice, take the wheel wells about again and see if I can get it done - just not right now as I shudder just thinking about the kit.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

Seven concussions, OMG how did you get them"sports, work, ?

Just Life and Work one trying to stop some guys from robbing a store and a 6" drop bar (10/12lbs) at work came off a shelf and clipped the head blood exploded like a pumpkin!The Doc mentioned my head must of not been on the floor I thought said "NO" shoulder was on the floor said I was Lucky or skull been crushed.I figure Peter the yokels out there that never had one I took it for them :brickwall:

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Kev

As the Doc told me once: Good thing I have a hard head as I've had one concussion and it was surely enough. Glad you're OK and taking up modeling is a lot safer these days (chemicals and glues excluded of course). I'm sure there are days that all seven of your concussion act up and remind of of your past. Just be careful and take care.

Peter

• Like 3

Peter, mine was a complete PITA to and mine was the MK V …….I boxed mine up twice…….I reverted into taking a Dremel to the cockpit assembly to fit the wings………the wells are rubbish, there are some images online showing the correct way they should be fitted……..what about the Tamiya P38 Lighting apparently it’s beautiful to build…….

• Like 3

Thanks Kai

I'm working on the Tamiya F4U-1A Corsair, to get my head in gear and build up some much needed mojo and then I'll be back at the Tempest, giving her another go at finishing. I received the canopy replacement from Tamiya in a week or so, I'll finish up the Phantom

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 3

Thanks Harv

More important, take care of your medical issues and be well ... I'm finding out, everything is a process and the older we get, the longer it takes to heal. After a year under going cancer treatments, time and and listening to your doctor is the best course.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Peterpools said:

Anything that would be of a help, is greatly appreciated. I'm determined after my present build to clear the bench and then back to the tempest, no matter what, it has to be finished.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Absolutely.  I am running some errands.  When i get home i will open her up and just scan the whole instruction set. 

hang tough, this will work.  

• Like 2

Ok, sorry about the delay.  The instructions are very long.  I skipped the paint call outs, history, and markings sections, and its still about 16 pages long.  I did include the sprue call outs in case thats helpful.  I know the noses are different, but i didnt want to leave anything you might need out. I went black and white, the instructions arent really in color except the markings.

if i cut anything off or you need a better scan of something, let me know.    

Send me a pm if you also want an email of these scans.

https://imageshack.com/a/tlFw7/1

thats the album.  Good luck and press on!

• Like 3