Jump to content

ICM 1/48 Ju 88A-11


Recommended Posts

Having two projects in the spray booth, I was missing the smell Xtra Thin in the morning plus the whole building process……..so…….I present the ICM Junkers Ju88A-11, this was the tropical version of the venerable A4. 
This will be a new build in many ways, first ICM kit, first German bomber and first German aircraft in the display case. Hope you will join me for the odyssey…..

AA492FED-7E11-4F3B-A9BE-30975A65CD5D.thumb.jpeg.ec73915af51aed18bb579a39411e0468.jpeg

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

With the spraying of the 51, still managed to mess it up again and the Pz IV, I did some of the Ju 88. So far really impressed with ICM with fit and detail. The engines need a grime wash but are basically there. The u/c is nice, I added the hinge points with rod…….

3741D4F8-2392-4EC7-A71D-D45A10A9BCEE.thumb.jpeg.e12ae0496d404d0a8e4b316da5256a4b.jpeg

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Nice progress with the JU88 engines and the start of the gear. From the photos, I have to agree the parts fit well and lots of detail

Thanks Peter, It’s nice to be building instead of fighting with paint and airbrushes…….

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Sorry Gaz sneaked in there, be my guest, as I said first ever German twin I have built………

The ICM twins I have built have been pretty nice.  They are quite adventurous when it comes to molding stuff...  amazingly thin stuff quite often.  One think I like about all of their kits I have built so far is that they mold the trailing edges of the wings solid, leaving the seam on the underside of the wing.

This is the MG 15 that comes with the Dornier 17 kits.  Probably the best MG 15 you'll find molded in plastic.

hCvnTk.jpg

Though it's not quite as sharp as the Master Barrels Mg 15...  it's a lot less fiddly.

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Totally agree Gaz, I noticed that on trailing edge, nice detail. For the price of the kits I’ll definitely be buying more. On the MG’s, I was toying with the idea of putting metal barrels on but not all of them are available in brass. I’m sure I’m wrong on that though…..

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, GazzaS said:

The ICM twins I have built have been pretty nice.  They are quite adventurous when it comes to molding stuff...  amazingly thin stuff quite often.  One think I like about all of their kits I have built so far is that they mold the trailing edges of the wings solid, leaving the seam on the underside of the wing.

This is the MG 15 that comes with the Dornier 17 kits.  Probably the best MG 15 you'll find molded in plastic.

hCvnTk.jpg

Though it's not quite as sharp as the Master Barrels Mg 15...  it's a lot less fiddly.

Gaz

Thank you for the info on IMC kits ... they have some very interesting subjects and some that have caught my eye.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Your engines look great Phil, nice detailing. These German twins do have something, I like, but never managed to buy one. The closest call was the Eduard boxing of the Do-17, maybe...
BTW, Eduard has some machine guns made from resin. They seem to be an easy replacement, but are not up to brass barrels like Master.

Cheers Rob

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DocRob said:

Your engines look great Phil, nice detailing. These German twins do have something, I like, but never managed to buy one. The closest call was the Eduard boxing of the Do-17, maybe...
BTW, Eduard has some machine guns made from resin. They seem to be an easy replacement, but are not up to brass barrels like Master.

Thanks Rob, I am really impressed with ICM, give them a go. I looked at the Eduard resin but resources a little stretched at the moment….I do fancy in doing one of their HE 111……..

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Totally agree Gaz, I noticed that on trailing edge, nice detail. For the price of the kits I’ll definitely be buying more. On the MG’s, I was toying with the idea of putting metal barrels on but not all of them are available in brass. I’m sure I’m wrong on that though…..

I know that Master made MG 15's...  I bought like 20 of them.

...  they look pretty snazzy:

xK9XCS.jpg

QamsAz.jpg

 

The next question is...  are you supposed to be using MG 81?

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, GazzaS said:

I know that Master made MG 15's...  I bought like 20 of them.……next question is...  are you supposed to be using MG 81?

When I did some research,  you’re right in they should be 81’s. The only ones I could find were the Eduard and they were a little pricey and also resin…..

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...