The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

ICM 1/48 Ju 88A-11

Having two projects in the spray booth, I was missing the smell Xtra Thin in the morning plus the whole building process……..so…….I present the ICM Junkers Ju88A-11, this was the tropical version of the venerable A4. 
This will be a new build in many ways, first ICM kit, first German bomber and first German aircraft in the display case. Hope you will join me for the odyssey…..

AA492FED-7E11-4F3B-A9BE-30975A65CD5D.thumb.jpeg.ec73915af51aed18bb579a39411e0468.jpeg

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Sorry Gaz sneaked in there, be my guest, as I said first ever German twin I have built………

The ICM twins I have built have been pretty nice.  They are quite adventurous when it comes to molding stuff...  amazingly thin stuff quite often.  One think I like about all of their kits I have built so far is that they mold the trailing edges of the wings solid, leaving the seam on the underside of the wing.

This is the MG 15 that comes with the Dornier 17 kits.  Probably the best MG 15 you'll find molded in plastic.

hCvnTk.jpg

Though it's not quite as sharp as the Master Barrels Mg 15...  it's a lot less fiddly.

• Like 9

Totally agree Gaz, I noticed that on trailing edge, nice detail. For the price of the kits I’ll definitely be buying more. On the MG’s, I was toying with the idea of putting metal barrels on but not all of them are available in brass. I’m sure I’m wrong on that though…..

• Like 2

17 hours ago, GazzaS said:

The ICM twins I have built have been pretty nice.  They are quite adventurous when it comes to molding stuff...  amazingly thin stuff quite often.  One think I like about all of their kits I have built so far is that they mold the trailing edges of the wings solid, leaving the seam on the underside of the wing.

This is the MG 15 that comes with the Dornier 17 kits.  Probably the best MG 15 you'll find molded in plastic.

hCvnTk.jpg

Though it's not quite as sharp as the Master Barrels Mg 15...  it's a lot less fiddly.

Gaz

Thank you for the info on IMC kits ... they have some very interesting subjects and some that have caught my eye.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 3

Your engines look great Phil, nice detailing. These German twins do have something, I like, but never managed to buy one. The closest call was the Eduard boxing of the Do-17, maybe...
BTW, Eduard has some machine guns made from resin. They seem to be an easy replacement, but are not up to brass barrels like Master.

Cheers Rob

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DocRob said:

Your engines look great Phil, nice detailing. These German twins do have something, I like, but never managed to buy one. The closest call was the Eduard boxing of the Do-17, maybe...
BTW, Eduard has some machine guns made from resin. They seem to be an easy replacement, but are not up to brass barrels like Master.

Thanks Rob, I am really impressed with ICM, give them a go. I looked at the Eduard resin but resources a little stretched at the moment….I do fancy in doing one of their HE 111……..

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Totally agree Gaz, I noticed that on trailing edge, nice detail. For the price of the kits I’ll definitely be buying more. On the MG’s, I was toying with the idea of putting metal barrels on but not all of them are available in brass. I’m sure I’m wrong on that though…..

I know that Master made MG 15's...  I bought like 20 of them.

...  they look pretty snazzy:

xK9XCS.jpg

QamsAz.jpg

The next question is...  are you supposed to be using MG 81?

• Like 5

7 hours ago, GazzaS said:

I know that Master made MG 15's...  I bought like 20 of them.……next question is...  are you supposed to be using MG 81?

When I did some research,  you’re right in they should be 81’s. The only ones I could find were the Eduard and they were a little pricey and also resin…..

• Like 3